ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

So how can this happen?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
ashadd
Posts: 605
Joined: 03 Oct 2008, 20:20
Gender: Male

So how can this happen?

Post by ashadd »

I ordered an item off e bay, having believed it was in the UK. It wasnt, it was from China.So i waited and waited knowing it would be a while for it to arrive.Anyway i checked the Royal Mail tracking number and it shown it was delivered a week earlier.I complained to the company that i had not received the item. I was already to ask my postie if he had seen this parcel when i got an email from this company saying it had not been sent as they were out of stock and would i like another type.
So my point being is , how can it be shown as delivered by RM when it wasnt even sent out, and how many posties have been accused of not delivering these items?
I married my wife for her looks, but not the one she gave me when i said i was going to be a postman.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

So how can this happen?

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Some companies import stuff to warehouses near Heathrow, they then forward the items on into Royal Mail's network using a Royal Mail tracking number (typically using Tracked 24 or Tracked 48)
fb1969
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1693
Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
Gender: Male
Location: hiding on the backstreets

So how can this happen?

Post by fb1969 »

They may have given you an incorrect number and/or a number for a package to someone else. There is a scam involving this type of thing, but obviously that hasn't happened in your case.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
Broxi51
Posts: 1154
Joined: 30 Jul 2007, 19:04
Location: Scotland

So how can this happen?

Post by Broxi51 »

Maybe they used the item number for another package since they
didn't send your item.
The time has come to stop turning the other cheek, time to stop shaking our heads in bitter dismay, time to stop mumbling our angry words.
The time has come for union.
Partyondude
Posts: 87
Joined: 31 Dec 2018, 11:09
Gender: Male

So how can this happen?

Post by Partyondude »

Barcode might have not scanned, Postie typed the number and got a number wrong.
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

So how can this happen?

Post by Seymour Buts »

Partyondude wrote:Barcode might have not scanned, Postie typed the number and got a number wrong.
Could also be a duplicate. I believe firms are charged now when a tracked item scanned at the mail centre, some are getting round this by printing the same tracking code over and over it would appear. I noticed it when trying to scan two items, I got the message on the pda you get when scanning the same thing twice.
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

So how can this happen?

Post by wacko74 »

Seymour Buts wrote:
Partyondude wrote:Barcode might have not scanned, Postie typed the number and got a number wrong.
Could also be a duplicate. I believe firms are charged now when a tracked item scanned at the mail centre, some are getting round this by printing the same tracking code over and over it would appear. I noticed it when trying to scan two items, I got the message on the pda you get when scanning the same thing twice.
Yes I've had this happen a few times.

Never sure if it's a genuine mistake on the part of the sender and they've somehow accidentally duplicated the order and have sent the customer 2 identical items when only one was ordered, or if it is deliberate fraud on the senders part and they're sending out 2 items for the delivery cost of one?
yellowbelly
Posts: 3728
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

So how can this happen?

Post by yellowbelly »

wacko74 wrote:
Seymour Buts wrote:
Partyondude wrote:Barcode might have not scanned, Postie typed the number and got a number wrong.
Could also be a duplicate. I believe firms are charged now when a tracked item scanned at the mail centre, some are getting round this by printing the same tracking code over and over it would appear. I noticed it when trying to scan two items, I got the message on the pda you get when scanning the same thing twice.
Yes I've had this happen a few times.

Never sure if it's a genuine mistake on the part of the sender and they've somehow accidentally duplicated the order and have sent the customer 2 identical items when only one was ordered, or if it is deliberate fraud on the senders part and they're sending out 2 items for the delivery cost of one?
Happened to me as well (with packets from reputable firms). Just told to scan each item delivered separately at the doorstep, managers not interested
in chasing this loss of revenue up.