ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Afternoon shift
-
Jamiechelt
- Posts: 74
- Joined: 16 Feb 2018, 19:35
- Gender: Male
Afternoon shift
A few moved to afternoons to help out but with some of the finish times being 20:30 its all gotten too much.
Can we go back to our original starting times ? Can we be refused? Due to lack of vans etc
Can we go back to our original starting times ? Can we be refused? Due to lack of vans etc
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Afternoon shift
They can't have everyone going back to their original start times for two reasons:Jamiechelt wrote:A few moved to afternoons to help out but with some of the finish times being 20:30 its all gotten too much.
Can we go back to our original starting times ? Can we be refused? Due to lack of vans etc
1) Social distancing within the DO
2) Avoiding having 2 in a van - not enough vans to make that possible
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Afternoon shift
yes, as its your choice to change your regular days and hours of working , as it was voluntary in the agreement.
-
Jamiechelt
- Posts: 74
- Joined: 16 Feb 2018, 19:35
- Gender: Male
Afternoon shift
Hmmm so i could be denied? They told me no one wanted to so i offered to help .. but surely its optionalSpacePhoenix wrote:They can't have everyone going back to their original start times for two reasons:Jamiechelt wrote:A few moved to afternoons to help out but with some of the finish times being 20:30 its all gotten too much.
Can we go back to our original starting times ? Can we be refused? Due to lack of vans etc
1) Social distancing within the DO
2) Avoiding having 2 in a van - not enough vans to make that possible
-
Jamiechelt
- Posts: 74
- Joined: 16 Feb 2018, 19:35
- Gender: Male
Afternoon shift
Thats what i hoped but there is a second opinion amongst usworktotime wrote:yes, as its your choice to change your regular days and hours of working , as it was voluntary in the agreement.
-
Cucumber
- Posts: 1052
- Joined: 09 Dec 2018, 10:24
- Gender: Female
Afternoon shift
There should have been a review of the different types of shift patterns some time ago. Even if just to look at rotating them. Things have gotten stuck in the mud now and people are set in their ways, unwilling to change from the easy little number they have at the moment. That's certainly the case in my DO.
I've read on here that there's plenty of people liking this new way of working - I doubt very much that they are the ones out until 8-9pm.
I've read on here that there's plenty of people liking this new way of working - I doubt very much that they are the ones out until 8-9pm.
-
Jamiechelt
- Posts: 74
- Joined: 16 Feb 2018, 19:35
- Gender: Male
Afternoon shift
I'm fed up.of being out this late, get no life at allCucumber wrote:There should have been a review of the different types of shift patterns some time ago. Even if just to look at rotating them. Things have gotten stuck in the mud now and people are set in their ways, unwilling to change from the easy little number they have at the moment. That's certainly the case in my DO.
I've read on here that there's plenty of people liking this new way of working - I doubt very much that they are the ones out until 8-9pm.
-
hawkeye622
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 03 Jul 2019, 21:03
- Gender: Male
Afternoon shift
I'm with you on that jamiechelt, fed up is an understatement. I'm not long in the door and starting to think it's time I have a word with my line manager to tell him these hours just aren't suiting.
-
DALEDALE
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 13 Jan 2018, 19:33
- Gender: Male
Afternoon shift
Some of us are doing rotating day. So today I was in late and tomorrow I will be in early. Before that we were on 1 week lates and then following week early.
-
blakeyboy
- Posts: 104
- Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 22:05
- Gender: Male
Afternoon shift
What time are you starting to be finishing so late? I go in for between 11.30/12 and am mostly finished around 5/5.30hawkeye622 wrote:I'm with you on that jamiechelt, fed up is an understatement. I'm not long in the door and starting to think it's time I have a word with my line manager to tell him these hours just aren't suiting.
-
hawkeye622
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 03 Jul 2019, 21:03
- Gender: Male
Afternoon shift
I'm starting at 2 currently bud, very unpleasant. Will have to have another discussion with lino.blakeyboy wrote:What time are you starting to be finishing so late? I go in for between 11.30/12 and am mostly finished around 5/5.30hawkeye622 wrote:I'm with you on that jamiechelt, fed up is an understatement. I'm not long in the door and starting to think it's time I have a word with my line manager to tell him these hours just aren't suiting.
-
blakeyboy
- Posts: 104
- Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 22:05
- Gender: Male
Afternoon shift
Can you not go in any earlier? Surely there must be vans back before that?Do you have to prep allhawkeye622 wrote:I'm starting at 2 currently bud, very unpleasant. Will have to have another discussion with lino.blakeyboy wrote:What time are you starting to be finishing so late? I go in for between 11.30/12 and am mostly finished around 5/5.30hawkeye622 wrote:I'm with you on that jamiechelt, fed up is an understatement. I'm not long in the door and starting to think it's time I have a word with my line manager to tell him these hours just aren't suiting.
Your frame?
-
Jamiechelt
- Posts: 74
- Joined: 16 Feb 2018, 19:35
- Gender: Male
Afternoon shift
I'll tell them tomorrow and let everyone know. I'm 38 hr so 12 30 to 20 30 on the latest days.. the annoying thing is the morning guys come back early and go but i gotta work every minute
-
vinny
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 05 Oct 2009, 18:50
- Gender: Male
Afternoon shift
Everything is purely voluntary, up to management to sort the rest out vans etc
-
xPandabear1992x
- Posts: 286
- Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Afternoon shift
I'm one of them who kind of likes this new way of working. There's no deadline timing for anything that you have to deliver, unless it's a COVID Special, take breaks whenever you want and not have to worry about a colleague having to pick up the kids etc.Cucumber wrote:There should have been a review of the different types of shift patterns some time ago. Even if just to look at rotating them. Things have gotten stuck in the mud now and people are set in their ways, unwilling to change from the easy little number they have at the moment. That's certainly the case in my DO.
I've read on here that there's plenty of people liking this new way of working - I doubt very much that they are the ones out until 8-9pm.
It's swings and roundabouts I suppose.