ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Moving a post box rough cost?
-
JsonProg
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 08 Jun 2020, 10:18
- Gender: Male
Moving a post box rough cost?
Hi I am supporting a residents association trying to stop a planning application for some gates and garage in front of postbox. You all would have seen it In news. What is cost of relocating postbox out of interest(as it is way of gates/garage) I read in 2013 it was 2k. I presume it could be a lot more now
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Moving a post box rough cost?
I don't know how much it would cost since that's likely to be down to how far it's being moved but...
Royal Mail has renewed its
policy, which Historic England
supports, for the retention of
all post boxes in operational
service at their existing locations,
unless certain exceptional
circumstances or operational
need necessitates
Only dead fish follow the current
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Moving a post box rough cost?
JsonProg wrote:Hi I am supporting a residents association trying to stop a planning application for some gates and garage in front of postbox. You all would have seen it In news. What is cost of relocating postbox out of interest(as it is way of gates/garage) I read in 2013 it was 2k. I presume it could be a lot more now
Attacking it from a different approach is there any way you can get the planning authority to make the applicant pay for the cost of moving the Box. It would prove expensive to them as the Post Office have to check for underground services at both the current site and the new site. As the Post Office is a Public body, I am sure local politicians/activists would probably support such an approach. It would also slow down the process considerably as we all know how fast the Post Office work when involved in such matters.
Of course, if the Box is on private land the landowner can ask the Post Office to remove the box and this approach wouldn't work.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Moving a post box rough cost?
I think the boxes are still the responsibility of Royal Mail TBT not the PO.
https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app ... relocation" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app ... relocation" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Only dead fish follow the current
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Moving a post box rough cost?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
JsonProg
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 08 Jun 2020, 10:18
- Gender: Male
Moving a post box rough cost?
We are embroiled in a planning issue was appeared on media last year https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/m ... 805182.amp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
His put a garage and plans saying he owns lands where postbox is on. Which is clearly not the case as per deeds. No way I won’t Royal Mail to fork out any costs.
His put a garage and plans saying he owns lands where postbox is on. Which is clearly not the case as per deeds. No way I won’t Royal Mail to fork out any costs.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Moving a post box rough cost?
Is the grey cabinet BT or Virgin?
https://www.google.com/maps/@,3a,75y,31 ... 312!8i6656" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.google.com/maps/@,3a,75y,31 ... 312!8i6656" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
JsonProg
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 08 Jun 2020, 10:18
- Gender: Male
Moving a post box rough cost?
Virgin media. For sure I know that
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Moving a post box rough cost?
That seems quite small for a Virgin Media cabinet, a cabinet just down the road from me must be around double that sizeJsonProg wrote:Virgin media. For sure I know that
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Moving a post box rough cost?
Think that's an E7R.
Circa 1900s.
Probably an "undesignated heritage asset".
Unlikely Royal Mail will touch it.
Believe it or not they're quite fragile.
Circa 1900s.
Probably an "undesignated heritage asset".
Unlikely Royal Mail will touch it.
Believe it or not they're quite fragile.
Only dead fish follow the current
-
JsonProg
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 08 Jun 2020, 10:18
- Gender: Male
Moving a post box rough cost?
Royal Mail agreed to moving it(they confirmed they had a request over Twitter with home owner). But that was intital application stage. Haven’t heard from anyone since.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Moving a post box rough cost?
What council covers that area (so I can look up the planning applications page for that council)?JsonProg wrote:Royal Mail agreed to moving it(they confirmed they had a request over Twitter with home owner). But that was intital application stage. Haven’t heard from anyone since.
-
Janet Brum
- Posts: 886
- Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
- Gender: Female
Moving a post box rough cost?
Hopefully that box can be moved few meters to the left, it`s clearly blocking those`s people`s gate.

It should be Birmingham City Council: https://www.birmingham.gov.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It should be Birmingham City Council: https://www.birmingham.gov.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Moving a post box rough cost?
The box was there first Janet.Janet Brum wrote:Hopefully that box can be moved few meters to the left, it`s clearly blocking those`s people`s gate.
It should be Birmingham City Council: https://www.birmingham.gov.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Only dead fish follow the current
-
Deadly
- Posts: 703
- Joined: 12 Jul 2014, 21:38
- Gender: Male
Moving a post box rough cost?
I know of at least two postboxes that "mysteriously" moved over a weekend. Basically the firms who moved them couldn't be bothered dealing with Royal Mail and took it upon themselves to move them. Nothing was said or done afterwards.