ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Holidays
-
Bazbuz
- Posts: 45
- Joined: 02 Aug 2007, 11:59
Holidays
In our MC they have been making people take their holidays. Speak to your union rep.Dazdec197296 wrote:Have Three weeks holidays booked starting the end of July but our holiday abroad has been cancelled. Will I be able too cancel my time off or will I have to take It regardless.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Holidays
Same for usBazbuz wrote:In our MC they have been making people take their holidays. Speak to your union rep.Dazdec197296 wrote:Have Three weeks holidays booked starting the end of July but our holiday abroad has been cancelled. Will I be able too cancel my time off or will I have to take It regardless.
-
Bazbuz
- Posts: 45
- Joined: 02 Aug 2007, 11:59
Holidays
Personally I think it's a disgrace. The mail volumes and the amount of agency workers surely make it sensible to cancel annual leave. Also Royal Mail always champion themselves as caring about it's employee's mental health. Well what is healthy about being stuck on leave for 3 weeks with virtually nothing to do?
-
Bazbuz
- Posts: 45
- Joined: 02 Aug 2007, 11:59
Holidays
This is taken from a post from another thread, link underneath.Bazbuz wrote:Personally I think it's a disgrace. The mail volumes and the amount of agency workers surely make it sensible to cancel annual leave. Also Royal Mail always champion themselves as caring about it's employee's mental health. Well what is healthy about being stuck on leave for 3 weeks with virtually nothing to do?
"CUCKOOLAND
Can someone ask top managers to stop sending letters
saying how much they care about us? The latest says
they're “prioritising the safety, health and wellbeing of
our people across the spectrum of physical and mental
health”... Sure, and the next one will announce that pigs
with masks on have been seen flying past?"
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 8&p=903137" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
Strong bull
- Posts: 120
- Joined: 17 May 2012, 10:34
- Gender: Male
Holidays
Bazbuz wrote:Personally I think it's a disgrace. The mail volumes and the amount of agency workers surely make it sensible to cancel annual leave. Also Royal Mail always champion themselves as caring about it's employee's mental health. Well what is healthy about being stuck on leave for 3 weeks with virtually nothing to do?
Wish i had 3 weeks off. Plenty to do,have a rest,go for a walk /bikeride in the countyside,/seaside/hills etc read ,sit in the garden with beers,music and a bbq, volunteer and help less fortunate people, suppose there are jobs around the house to do the list is endless if you put your mind to it.
-
frank chambers
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 23 Jun 2009, 21:56
- Gender: Male
Holidays
yes i was dissappointed as well , i have 3 weeks leave june/july , my only leave this year.The holiday i had planned is obviously cancelled , i asked about moving my leave anywhere else, told its not possible ,i then asked about rolling over a week of it to next years leave ,also not possible.I guess there will be a lot of people having to miss their holiday this year .
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Holidays
Yes my friend,take time out of all this madness,plenty of stuff you can find to do to help you de stress,well away from the antics at your delivery office,,some simply can’t switch off,I’m on leave ,fishing dog walking film watching and cooking to name but a few things to do and not a stress laden target watching cost cutting mis managed manager in sight,oh what joy these simple pleasures,Strong bull wrote:Bazbuz wrote:Personally I think it's a disgrace. The mail volumes and the amount of agency workers surely make it sensible to cancel annual leave. Also Royal Mail always champion themselves as caring about it's employee's mental health. Well what is healthy about being stuck on leave for 3 weeks with virtually nothing to do?
Wish i had 3 weeks off. Plenty to do,have a rest,go for a walk /bikeride in the countyside,/seaside/hills etc read ,sit in the garden with beers,music and a bbq, volunteer and help less fortunate people, suppose there are jobs around the house to do the list is endless if you put your mind to it.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Holidays
You are allowed to roll over five days, which for most of us is a week, into the next tax year. They cannot deny you that. Of course depending on how many people in your office roll a week over it will never get cleared.frank chambers wrote:yes i was dissappointed as well , i have 3 weeks leave june/july , my only leave this year.The holiday i had planned is obviously cancelled , i asked about moving my leave anywhere else, told its not possible ,i then asked about rolling over a week of it to next years leave ,also not possible.I guess there will be a lot of people having to miss their holiday this year .
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
A2B
- Posts: 2029
- Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 19:34
- Gender: Male
Holidays
If you have booked all your leave and are not allowed to cancel it you won't have any days to carry overCelgar wrote:You are allowed to roll over five days, which for most of us is a week, into the next tax year. They cannot deny you that. Of course depending on how many people in your office roll a week over it will never get cleared.frank chambers wrote:yes i was dissappointed as well , i have 3 weeks leave june/july , my only leave this year.The holiday i had planned is obviously cancelled , i asked about moving my leave anywhere else, told its not possible ,i then asked about rolling over a week of it to next years leave ,also not possible.I guess there will be a lot of people having to miss their holiday this year .
-
Ringer21
- Posts: 127
- Joined: 13 Jul 2016, 15:04
- Gender: Male
Holidays
I understand with RM you can carry 5 days over but can you cancel holidays to carry them over.
Have the government not brought something out at the start of the virus where you can carry 2 weeks holidays over but have to be taken within 2 years I might be wrong on that one but sure I read something similar.
Have the government not brought something out at the start of the virus where you can carry 2 weeks holidays over but have to be taken within 2 years I might be wrong on that one but sure I read something similar.