Just completed my 20 years service a few weeks ago.
I'm understand that once you reach this mile stone you don't have to pay for POAL (payment of anual leave) anymore.
But I still am according to my payslip I have only had a partial reduction.about £3.00
No sure if the policy on this has changed or its a mistake they have made.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
20 years service
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
20 years service
Its the year after you complete 20 years when POAL goes down to nothing.
The actual year of the change its worked out on a pro rata basis of when you reached the 20 year anniversary.
In other words if you reached it 3 months into the new leave year you would pay roughly 1/4 of the yearly amount, spread over the whole year.
A £3 reduction would I think put you somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 way through the year when you reach the 20 year goal.
The actual year of the change its worked out on a pro rata basis of when you reached the 20 year anniversary.
In other words if you reached it 3 months into the new leave year you would pay roughly 1/4 of the yearly amount, spread over the whole year.
A £3 reduction would I think put you somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 way through the year when you reach the 20 year goal.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
20 years service
Mine recently stayed on for 3 weeks after my 20 yr anniversary date. Now not paying it anymore. Only pay rise I'll get this yr.dam52 wrote:Just completed my 20 years service a few weeks ago.
I'm understand that once you reach this mile stone you don't have to pay for POAL (payment of anual leave) anymore.
But I still am according to my payslip I have only had a partial reduction.about £3.00
No sure if the policy on this has changed or its a mistake they have made.