ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Parcel force packages

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
wazer
Posts: 357
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 21:20
Gender: Male

Parcel force packages

Post by wazer »

Was told today we might have some parcel force parcels mixed in with ours.We were told parcel force cant cope and we should deliver.We have walks fail everyday and apparentky we r one of the worst performing offices.We asked union rep (shrugged shoulders as normal and could not answear).Manager said he dont know we just got to deliver so who they going to blame for this Rico ( oh yer hes gone as we all noticed the difference!!!)As if we ant got enough work. Anybody know wots going on
.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Parcel force packages

Post by SpacePhoenix »

wazer wrote:Was told today we might have some parcel force parcels mixed in with ours.We were told parcel force cant cope and we should deliver.We have walks fail everyday and apparentky we r one of the worst performing offices.We asked union rep (shrugged shoulders as normal and could not answear).Manager said he dont know we just got to deliver so who they going to blame for this Rico ( oh yer hes gone as we all noticed the difference!!!)As if we ant got enough work. Anybody know wots going on
.
This is probably it: https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 71&t=96211" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Steve_claret
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 324
Joined: 17 Dec 2011, 14:53
Gender: Male

Parcel force packages

Post by Steve_claret »

Your union have agreed to it. Get used to it as this will become the norm now.
pinstripe
Posts: 2474
Joined: 25 May 2007, 16:42
Gender: Male
Location: 2 left turns from reality

Parcel force packages

Post by pinstripe »

Had a parcel came through our DO on Monday, while not heavy, just fitted in a york. Ok, it was a bit taller. Have no idea how it got delivered
Cucumber
Posts: 1052
Joined: 09 Dec 2018, 10:24
Gender: Female

Parcel force packages

Post by Cucumber »

I've had about 10 Adidas boxes over the past 2 days
Grumpyoldmailman
Posts: 810
Joined: 24 Nov 2019, 22:29
Gender: Male

Parcel force packages

Post by Grumpyoldmailman »

pinstripe wrote:Had a parcel came through our DO on Monday, while not heavy, just fitted in a york. Ok, it was a bit taller. Have no idea how it got delivered
I had something similar on Monday, maybe 3/4 of a York but this thing was dam heavy and said 2 man lift on it. Tracked label stuck over the Parcelforce one. I’m not joking when I say the back of the van went down when I loaded it.
wazer
Posts: 357
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 21:20
Gender: Male

Parcel force packages

Post by wazer »

Cheers just read it.So our union rep and managers are just taking s**t again.So theydo know.See this was agreed on the 29 may.You sure it was Rico who done all the crap going on.
wazer
Posts: 357
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 21:20
Gender: Male

Parcel force packages

Post by wazer »

Cheers just read it.So our union rep and managers are just taking s**t again.So theydo know.See this was agreed on the 29 may.You sure it was Rico who done all the crap going on.
worktotime
Posts: 2866
Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
Gender: Male

Parcel force packages

Post by worktotime »

Steve_claret wrote:Your union have agreed to it. Get used to it as this will become the norm now.
your union ? why are you in the same union then ? or do you just take the benefits and not pay nothing into the cwu , and yes they have but its work at the end of the day so who cares as you have a choice claim excess or finish on your time is simple. , but I just hope this doesn't affect Parcelforce employees at the other end.
kookoo32
Posts: 187
Joined: 10 Oct 2008, 20:34
Gender: Male
Location: scotland

Parcel force packages

Post by kookoo32 »

Have had about 8 or 9 Adidas boxes the last few days. What's funny is I often see the ParcelForce driver out round my delivery. He drives about in a practically empty van. He wastes time by parking about 10 houses away from where he has the parcel for and walks to it. Just killing time. I know they're not all like that but it's funny to watch him driving at 5mph and reversing down streets that he doesn't need to. I guess ParcelForce managers look at PDA actuals a bit more.
Janet Brum
Posts: 886
Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
Gender: Female

Parcel force packages

Post by Janet Brum »

That`s true, I`ve seen the local PF driver many times with about 10 parcels in his van, not even big, I had much bigger/heavier parcels in mine.

And he always loads 1-2 of them on a trolley...

Maybe they should merge into RM ...
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Parcel force packages

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Janet Brum wrote:That`s true, I`ve seen the local PF driver many times with about 10 parcels in his van, not even big, I had much bigger/heavier parcels in mine.

And he always loads 1-2 of them on a trolley...

Maybe they should merge into RM ...
Relief run perhaps?
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Parcel force packages

Post by Seymour Buts »

Had one today, you scan the big barcode and the one I had was a signature required. It was trainers or football boots by the looks. Could be any adidas product I guess though if they deliver direct from adidas.
Janet Brum
Posts: 886
Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
Gender: Female

Parcel force packages

Post by Janet Brum »

Nope, he`s doing it 9 til 5 I think, covers my DO`s area every day. Collects from post offices and firms and delivers.
Steve_claret
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 324
Joined: 17 Dec 2011, 14:53
Gender: Male

Parcel force packages

Post by Steve_claret »

worktotime wrote:
Steve_claret wrote:Your union have agreed to it. Get used to it as this will become the norm now.
your union ? why are you in the same union then ? or do you just take the benefits and not pay nothing into the cwu , and yes they have but its work at the end of the day so who cares as you have a choice claim excess or finish on your time is simple. , but I just hope this doesn't affect Parcelforce employees at the other end.
I pay to the CWU so am a member thanks for asking but don't work in a DO. Not sure what you are getting at.