Hi,
I need to get a form/proof to my sons school by Friday at the latest to prove that I'm an essential worker.
Does such a document exist within Royal Mail?
Or can someone point me in the right direction as to where I can find one?
Cheers!
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Proof of essential worker form?
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3728
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Proof of essential worker form?
We got a letter issued by management early on in this drama, it's mentioned in the RM Coronavirus Q and A document:hazzeem025 wrote:Hi,
I need to get a form/proof to my sons school by Friday at the latest to prove that I'm an essential worker.
Does such a document exist within Royal Mail?
Or can someone point me in the right direction as to where I can find one?
Cheers!
I am worried I will be stopped when travelling to or from work or when performing my role?
Your manager has been sent a Key Worker letter to print off for you. Please carry this with you, along with your company ID.
and in same document
Are all Royal Mail employees classified as key workers? How do I let the school/nursery know?
We know that childcare is a significant challenge for many of you, especially now the schools have closed. We understand that childcare is always your key priority. We want to support you and your teams to manage this.
The Government has said that Royal Mail Group workers are included in the list of those whose work is critical to the covid-19 response. We are connecting customers and communities, which is more important now than ever. This means that if you have school-age children who cannot be cared for at home, they will be able to continue to attend school, even though it has been announced that most schools are now closed.
Please ask your manager to for the letter which confirms you are a key worker for Royal Mail – sent to them on Friday 20 March. Together with your identification card, you will need to take this letter to your child/ren’s school. The letter applies for both Royal Mail and Parcelforce colleagues.
You should only send your child(ren) to school or nursery if you really need to and do not have anyone who could look after them.
-
ebbzie
- Posts: 660
- Joined: 14 Jun 2011, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Proof of essential worker form?
Our DOM pile a of them out for anyone who needed them . Suggest you have a word with yours
-
Janet Brum
- Posts: 886
- Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
- Gender: Female
Proof of essential worker form?
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -provision" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Utilities, communication and financial services
This includes:
staff needed for essential financial services provision (including but not limited to workers in banks, building societies and financial market infrastructure)
the oil, gas, electricity and water sectors (including sewerage)
information technology and data infrastructure sector and primary industry supplies to continue during the COVID-19 response
key staff working in the civil nuclear, chemicals, telecommunications (including but not limited to network operations, field engineering, call centre staff, IT and data infrastructure, 999 and 111 critical services)
postal services and delivery
payments providers
waste disposal sectors
-
hazzeem025
- Posts: 280
- Joined: 11 Oct 2009, 18:09
- Gender: Male
Proof of essential worker form?
Thanks folks I'll get the DOM to sort it tomorrow.