Anyone got any tips on the latest PDA Update?
I used to be able to go out with umpteen heavies/oversized parcels and not have to write down where they were because I could input it on RO+N. If i went out with 2 PDAs I wouldn't have to constantly flick between RO+N and Outfoor so that I could scan the 2Ds.
But now they've merged the two apps it's just become a pain in the backside and half the time the apps bug out, or I have to reset the PDA because the laser wont work.
I swear, they update these things without checking if it actually works.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
PDA Update Thread
-
glenfiddich
- Posts: 1012
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15
PDA Update Thread
mines crashing at least twice a day now I thought it was duff batteries till I took 2 extra out and it had problems with each one and why can't they get rid of the volume thing that pops up every time I touch it and blocks half of the screen 
-
WASD
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 375
- Joined: 03 Jul 2019, 12:15
- Gender: Male
PDA Update Thread
Numbering the parcels order after route order processes them, and using your own phone for each delivery.
The other alternative is highlight the issue every day with the DOM, asking for direct contact with developers to inform them of their lack of testing. And bring some parcels back because you used up delivery time farting about with poorly developed software.
'Navigation' is also a waste of time now too. Takes minutes to load, and doesn't always load anyway.
(Edit)
The PDA has multiple tactile buttons which aren't utilised by the software, which imo is another big issue too.
The other alternative is highlight the issue every day with the DOM, asking for direct contact with developers to inform them of their lack of testing. And bring some parcels back because you used up delivery time farting about with poorly developed software.
'Navigation' is also a waste of time now too. Takes minutes to load, and doesn't always load anyway.
(Edit)
The PDA has multiple tactile buttons which aren't utilised by the software, which imo is another big issue too.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
PDA Update Thread
afaik the version of Android that the PDAs run is something like 5 versions behind the current release and isn't supported by Google anymore so any problems with the Andorid OS side of the PDA software won't be fixed
-
Bboingg
- Posts: 69
- Joined: 21 Jun 2017, 20:35
- Gender: Male
PDA Update Thread
My latest trick, in between blank screens and reboots, is dangling the dam thing out of the van window to cool it down.
-
NorthernPostman
- Posts: 52
- Joined: 13 Mar 2018, 06:16
- Gender: Male
PDA Update Thread
Getting worse and worse. RO+N almost unusable now. Can't use my phone either because the battery doesn't last, also why should I?