"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
I'd be surprised if every MC were to bother with the 2nd wave, if they're really snowed under with packets and Tracked then they might sacrifice wave 2 of mech to get packets and Tracked done
citypostie wrote:Ours never stopped. Stopped being sequenced a few days but some moaning soon put that right
Half of our wave 2 is walk sort only anyway. I expect that within a year all our wave 2 will be walk sort only. tbqf some days on wave 2 we get batches where I don't know why we bother even walk sorting when you can get 12+ walks worth into a single box
citypostie wrote:Ours never stopped. Stopped being sequenced a few days but some moaning soon put that right
Half of our wave 2 is walk sort only anyway. I expect that within a year all our wave 2 will be walk sort only. tbqf some days on wave 2 we get batches where I don't know why we bother even walk sorting when you can get 12+ walks worth into a single box
Wow the areas your MC covers must have really had a decline in letters the. Are 2nd waves are usually at least 2/3rds full apart from Tuesdays. Just shows different areas with different types of housing etc don't get the same amount of mail
citypostie wrote:Ours never stopped. Stopped being sequenced a few days but some moaning soon put that right
Half of our wave 2 is walk sort only anyway. I expect that within a year all our wave 2 will be walk sort only. tbqf some days on wave 2 we get batches where I don't know why we bother even walk sorting when you can get 12+ walks worth into a single box
Wow the areas your MC covers must have really had a decline in letters the. Are 2nd waves are usually at least 2/3rds full apart from Tuesdays. Just shows different areas with different types of housing etc don't get the same amount of mail
Some days with timings it works out that a batch ends up getting more manual than mech where a lot comes through after the batch has been run
Not for us it wasnt, now we are getting more people not in if the packet volumes stay the same we will need extra staff on Monday Wednesday and Thursday.
Wave 2 sequencing is most definitely a thing of the past. All Wave 2 will be walksorted by the Mail Centres before too long so that smaller MPU's can be shut down.