ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
When do we get the bonus
-
woody38
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 273
- Joined: 19 Apr 2016, 08:38
- Gender: Male
When do we get the bonus
Does anybody now when we get the bonus, also I are there any strings attached eg do you have to had worked everyday since the pandemic started.
-
philsdeals19
- Posts: 62
- Joined: 29 Jul 2010, 17:44
- Gender: Male
When do we get the bonus
Yes if you had any time off for whatever reason, you won’t get it. £140 after tax for risking your life working at the peak of the pandemic. 
-
Dindin
- Posts: 491
- Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
- Gender: Male
When do we get the bonus
Where's it say that?philsdeals19 wrote:Yes if you had any time off for whatever reason, you won’t get it. £140 after tax for risking your life working at the peak of the pandemic.
-
thefox
- Posts: 1191
- Joined: 24 Aug 2010, 20:09
- Gender: Male
When do we get the bonus
Thats not true if you have had say a week off then you lose a weeks worth but still get the bonus
-
stodgy88
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 641
- Joined: 14 Nov 2008, 20:11
- Gender: Male
When do we get the bonus
as that been confirmed ?
-
david3595
- Posts: 167
- Joined: 23 Apr 2007, 07:40
When do we get the bonus
I took 1 weeks unpaid leave as I have an elderly mum on her own so wanted make sure she had everything she needed so I understand that I don’t receive any bonus for that week. I took 2 weeks annual leave at Easter that was booked months ago and was not allowed to cancel but when I asked my manager am I also exempt from those 2 weeks bonus, he replied I don’t know and told me to wait until I get my payslip in June to see what I get.
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3728
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
When do we get the bonus
Isn't it pro rata for the 8 week qualifying period that was detailed in the joint statement (Mon 16 March - Sun 10 May)?
So I would imagine that whatever bonus you get from your contracted hours will be reduced further by 12.5% for each full week you were off (or something like that.....).
Then you'll get taxed/NI on it, so the headline £200 is a bit of a red herring.
So I would imagine that whatever bonus you get from your contracted hours will be reduced further by 12.5% for each full week you were off (or something like that.....).
Then you'll get taxed/NI on it, so the headline £200 is a bit of a red herring.
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3728
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
When do we get the bonus
The joint statement says it's pro rata for 'part time working, absence and unpaid leave' so I would have thought you'd be alright for the two weeksdavid3595 wrote:I took 1 weeks unpaid leave as I have an elderly mum on her own so wanted make sure she had everything she needed so I understand that I don’t receive any bonus for that week. I took 2 weeks annual leave at Easter that was booked months ago and was not allowed to cancel but when I asked my manager am I also exempt from those 2 weeks bonus, he replied I don’t know and told me to wait until I get my payslip in June to see what I get.
easter leave (but this is RM we're talking about so who knows...). You'll definitely not get it for the unpaid leave though.
-
david3595
- Posts: 167
- Joined: 23 Apr 2007, 07:40
When do we get the bonus
Cheers, I appreciate £200 gross isn’t a huge amount and understand unpaid leave is exempt but I thought my manager would have the answer on the tip of their tongue when asked about annual leave but we are talking Royal Mail I guessyellowbelly wrote:The joint statement says it's pro rata for 'part time working, absence and unpaid leave' so I would have thought you'd be alright for the two weeksdavid3595 wrote:I took 1 weeks unpaid leave as I have an elderly mum on her own so wanted make sure she had everything she needed so I understand that I don’t receive any bonus for that week. I took 2 weeks annual leave at Easter that was booked months ago and was not allowed to cancel but when I asked my manager am I also exempt from those 2 weeks bonus, he replied I don’t know and told me to wait until I get my payslip in June to see what I get.
easter leave (but this is RM we're talking about so who knows...). You'll definitely not get it for the unpaid leave though.
-
thefox
- Posts: 1191
- Joined: 24 Aug 2010, 20:09
- Gender: Male
When do we get the bonus
I asked my manager about the annual leave he said you wont be docked for taking annual leave
-
Dindin
- Posts: 491
- Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
- Gender: Male
When do we get the bonus
You should be docked 5 days annual leave for annual leavethefox wrote:I asked my manager about the annual leave he said you wont be docked for taking annual leave
-
Smir
- Posts: 124
- Joined: 31 Aug 2016, 16:48
- Gender: Male
When do we get the bonus
wonder why call centres getting possible £600 bonus??
only just read it myself..
https://www.cwu.org/news/400-annual-bon ... e-members/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
only just read it myself..
https://www.cwu.org/news/400-annual-bon ... e-members/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
When do we get the bonus
£400 is an anual contracted bonus nothing to do with the Covid-19 situation.Smir wrote:wonder why call centres getting possible £600 bonus??
only just read it myself..
https://www.cwu.org/news/400-annual-bon ... e-members/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.