ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Shift Allowance

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
postman_jack
Posts: 78
Joined: 06 Mar 2010, 18:26
Gender: Male

Shift Allowance

Post by postman_jack »

Oor start times have been brought forward to 5AM in my office, I am just wondering whether we are entitled to a shift allowance? Isn't there a shift allowance for starting at that time, separate to our delivery supplement?
Navalron
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1044
Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
Gender: Male
Location: Glasgow

Shift Allowance

Post by Navalron »

postman_jack wrote:Oor start times have been brought forward to 5AM in my office, I am just wondering whether we are entitled to a shift allowance? Isn't there a shift allowance for starting at that time, separate to our delivery supplement?



Yes mate your entitled to early shift payment. I think it's payment 2 but I know your entitled to either early 1 or early 2. It's pathetic that people in the job can't even tell you and never ask management as their only interested in licking .... And bonus. :thumbup
Navalron
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1044
Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
Gender: Male
Location: Glasgow

Shift Allowance

Post by Navalron »

Navalron wrote:
postman_jack wrote:Oor start times have been brought forward to 5AM in my office, I am just wondering whether we are entitled to a shift allowance? Isn't there a shift allowance for starting at that time, separate to our delivery supplement?



Yes mate your entitled to early shift payment. I think it's payment 2 but I know your entitled to either early 1 or early 2. It's pathetic that people in the job can't even tell you and never ask management as their only interested in licking .... And bonus. :thumbup
I think it's about £16.78 or there abouts. CLAIM IT. :thumbup
Dindin
Posts: 491
Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
Gender: Male

Shift Allowance

Post by Dindin »

Good luck getting it we've been waiting and it's still not in this week
woofwoof
Posts: 1516
Joined: 13 Apr 2007, 16:23
Gender: Male
Location: stinky land

Shift Allowance

Post by woofwoof »

You will not get early shift allowance if you work in delivery and are in receipt of the delivery supplement
pires07
Posts: 2
Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 12:59

Shift Allowance

Post by pires07 »

You only get the allowance for starting at 4am, thats the cut off point