ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Working at a different office

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
bluempl
Posts: 38
Joined: 17 Jul 2018, 21:38
Gender: Male

Working at a different office

Post by bluempl »

I got told this morning that I have to work at a different office for the week.

I've always been told that travel time to and from different office should come out of my shift time but the manager this morning was saying different. He says I should be at the other office for my regular start time. Is this correct?
ArthurPewty
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 190
Joined: 21 Dec 2016, 17:15
Gender: Male

Working at a different office

Post by ArthurPewty »

bluempl wrote:I got told this morning that I have to work at a different office for the week.

I've always been told that travel time to and from different office should come out of my shift time but the manager this morning was saying different. He says I should be at the other office for my regular start time. Is this correct?
He's having you on mate. He has to arrange transport from your office at your start time to the other office. Same on the way back to get you back to your office for your finish time.
Once you make it clear you know your rights he'll probably look for some other mug to send instead. Worst case scenario is you have a nice short working day.
Get your rep to point all this out to him
deltaforce
Posts: 778
Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
Gender: Male

Working at a different office

Post by deltaforce »

pay and modernisation agreement in the download section. Good luck with that!
bluempl
Posts: 38
Joined: 17 Jul 2018, 21:38
Gender: Male

Working at a different office

Post by bluempl »

Thanks for the replies much appreciated!