I got told this morning that I have to work at a different office for the week.
I've always been told that travel time to and from different office should come out of my shift time but the manager this morning was saying different. He says I should be at the other office for my regular start time. Is this correct?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Working at a different office
-
ArthurPewty
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 21 Dec 2016, 17:15
- Gender: Male
Working at a different office
He's having you on mate. He has to arrange transport from your office at your start time to the other office. Same on the way back to get you back to your office for your finish time.bluempl wrote:I got told this morning that I have to work at a different office for the week.
I've always been told that travel time to and from different office should come out of my shift time but the manager this morning was saying different. He says I should be at the other office for my regular start time. Is this correct?
Once you make it clear you know your rights he'll probably look for some other mug to send instead. Worst case scenario is you have a nice short working day.
Get your rep to point all this out to him
-
deltaforce
- Posts: 778
- Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
- Gender: Male
Working at a different office
pay and modernisation agreement in the download section. Good luck with that!
-
bluempl
- Posts: 38
- Joined: 17 Jul 2018, 21:38
- Gender: Male
Working at a different office
Thanks for the replies much appreciated!