ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Full time day in cash
-
spartakus
- Posts: 14
- Joined: 24 Feb 2011, 16:36
- Gender: Male
Full time day in cash
I owe one of my full time colleague a day work(8 hours). Due to I’m on special leave, I want to pay him in cash.
How much would you pay?
Thanks
How much would you pay?
Thanks
-
philsdeals19
- Posts: 62
- Joined: 29 Jul 2010, 17:44
- Gender: Male
Full time day in cash
Put it this way, if a guy in the boozer ask me to get up the crack of dawn, lug a load of bags around no matter the weather, chance of catching coved, and full on for 8 hours I would be insulted if it was anything less than a ton.
-
gb93
- Posts: 1462
- Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Full time day in cash
£70 if outside London
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
-
gb93
- Posts: 1462
- Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Full time day in cash
Maybe £75 if you feeling generousgb93 wrote:£70 if outside London
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
-
Philbag70
- Posts: 114
- Joined: 09 Aug 2019, 13:35
- Gender: Male
Full time day in cash
I think a ton is a nice round number. Anything less is a bit tight
-
wookie
- Posts: 319
- Joined: 30 Dec 2011, 12:38
- Gender: Male
Full time day in cash
The cash jobs in my office go for £15 a row. They outbid each other, I kid you not.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Full time day in cash
it used to be about 50 to 70/75 quid, but there's bloke in our office (heavy gambler) was always wanting time off for race meetings so he raised the bar by offering a hundred quid to cover his duty. (mind, it a s**t duty, all hills and steps)....so now anyone wanting their duty covered has to match the ''wonna'' price tag.philsdeals19 wrote:Put it this way, if a guy in the boozer ask me to get up the crack of dawn, lug a load of bags around no matter the weather, chance of catching coved, and full on for 8 hours I would be insulted if it was anything less than a ton.
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3728
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Full time day in cash
If your mate did you a favour (which it sounds like), I'd pay him your full basic rate plus delivery supplement before any tax or NI taken offspartakus wrote:I owe one of my full time colleague a day work(8 hours). Due to I’m on special leave, I want to pay him in cash.
How much would you pay?
Thanks
as he'll have missed out on any of that work payment (which I'm assuming you've been paid incl. the RM pension contribution) going towards his pension.
That's what I'd do anyway......
8 x 12.29 = 98.32, so 100 quid cash sounds about right.
-
cpsteve
- Posts: 699
- Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
- Gender: Male
Full time day in cash
You dont miss out on any payment on your rest day, if you work your rest day its about £90 less tax so £80 is about right.yellowbelly wrote:If your mate did you a favour (which it sounds like), I'd pay him your full basic rate plus delivery supplement before any tax or NI taken offspartakus wrote:I owe one of my full time colleague a day work(8 hours). Due to I’m on special leave, I want to pay him in cash.
How much would you pay?
Thanks
as he'll have missed out on any of that work payment (which I'm assuming you've been paid incl. the RM pension contribution) going towards his pension.
That's what I'd do anyway......
8 x 12.29 = 98.32, so 100 quid cash sounds about right.
-
wallop
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 251
- Joined: 02 Feb 2011, 07:34
- Gender: Male
Full time day in cash
Why are you paying someone if you are on special leave?
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3728
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Full time day in cash
Doh, good point cpsteve, didn't pick up on the logic of that but even so it seems the colleague has done the OP a favour so I'd still give the 100 quid personally.cpsteve wrote:You dont miss out on any payment on your rest day, if you work your rest day its about £90 less tax so £80 is about right.yellowbelly wrote:If your mate did you a favour (which it sounds like), I'd pay him your full basic rate plus delivery supplement before any tax or NI taken offspartakus wrote:I owe one of my full time colleague a day work(8 hours). Due to I’m on special leave, I want to pay him in cash.
How much would you pay?
Thanks
as he'll have missed out on any of that work payment (which I'm assuming you've been paid incl. the RM pension contribution) going towards his pension.
That's what I'd do anyway......
8 x 12.29 = 98.32, so 100 quid cash sounds about right.
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3728
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Full time day in cash
I thought that but I'm wondering if the special leave would only be granted if the OP could get someone to cover...? You knowwallop wrote:Why are you paying someone if you are on special leave?
how unsympathetic some managers can be sometimes.....
-
spartakus
- Posts: 14
- Joined: 24 Feb 2011, 16:36
- Gender: Male
Full time day in cash
Thanks for all replies folks!
We are outside of London.
£80 is about right.
I wish I make £100 a day, so I can pay him £100.
We are outside of London.
£80 is about right.
I wish I make £100 a day, so I can pay him £100.
I owed him a day last February. No idea when I'll be back to work.wallop wrote:Why are you paying someone if you are on special leave?