ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Full time day in cash

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
spartakus
Posts: 14
Joined: 24 Feb 2011, 16:36
Gender: Male

Full time day in cash

Post by spartakus »

I owe one of my full time colleague a day work(8 hours). Due to I’m on special leave, I want to pay him in cash.

How much would you pay?

Thanks
philsdeals19
Posts: 62
Joined: 29 Jul 2010, 17:44
Gender: Male

Full time day in cash

Post by philsdeals19 »

Put it this way, if a guy in the boozer ask me to get up the crack of dawn, lug a load of bags around no matter the weather, chance of catching coved, and full on for 8 hours I would be insulted if it was anything less than a ton.
gb93
Posts: 1462
Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
Gender: Male

Full time day in cash

Post by gb93 »

£70 if outside London
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
gb93
Posts: 1462
Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
Gender: Male

Full time day in cash

Post by gb93 »

gb93 wrote:£70 if outside London
Maybe £75 if you feeling generous :Very Happy
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
Philbag70
Posts: 114
Joined: 09 Aug 2019, 13:35
Gender: Male

Full time day in cash

Post by Philbag70 »

I think a ton is a nice round number. Anything less is a bit tight
wookie
Posts: 319
Joined: 30 Dec 2011, 12:38
Gender: Male

Full time day in cash

Post by wookie »

The cash jobs in my office go for £15 a row. They outbid each other, I kid you not.
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Full time day in cash

Post by daveyeff »

philsdeals19 wrote:Put it this way, if a guy in the boozer ask me to get up the crack of dawn, lug a load of bags around no matter the weather, chance of catching coved, and full on for 8 hours I would be insulted if it was anything less than a ton.
it used to be about 50 to 70/75 quid, but there's bloke in our office (heavy gambler) was always wanting time off for race meetings so he raised the bar by offering a hundred quid to cover his duty. (mind, it a s**t duty, all hills and steps)....so now anyone wanting their duty covered has to match the ''wonna'' price tag.
yellowbelly
Posts: 3728
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

Full time day in cash

Post by yellowbelly »

spartakus wrote:I owe one of my full time colleague a day work(8 hours). Due to I’m on special leave, I want to pay him in cash.

How much would you pay?

Thanks
If your mate did you a favour (which it sounds like), I'd pay him your full basic rate plus delivery supplement before any tax or NI taken off
as he'll have missed out on any of that work payment (which I'm assuming you've been paid incl. the RM pension contribution) going towards his pension.
That's what I'd do anyway......

8 x 12.29 = 98.32, so 100 quid cash sounds about right.
cpsteve
Posts: 699
Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
Gender: Male

Full time day in cash

Post by cpsteve »

yellowbelly wrote:
spartakus wrote:I owe one of my full time colleague a day work(8 hours). Due to I’m on special leave, I want to pay him in cash.

How much would you pay?

Thanks
If your mate did you a favour (which it sounds like), I'd pay him your full basic rate plus delivery supplement before any tax or NI taken off
as he'll have missed out on any of that work payment (which I'm assuming you've been paid incl. the RM pension contribution) going towards his pension.
That's what I'd do anyway......

8 x 12.29 = 98.32, so 100 quid cash sounds about right.
You dont miss out on any payment on your rest day, if you work your rest day its about £90 less tax so £80 is about right.
wallop
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 251
Joined: 02 Feb 2011, 07:34
Gender: Male

Full time day in cash

Post by wallop »

Why are you paying someone if you are on special leave?
yellowbelly
Posts: 3728
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

Full time day in cash

Post by yellowbelly »

cpsteve wrote:
yellowbelly wrote:
spartakus wrote:I owe one of my full time colleague a day work(8 hours). Due to I’m on special leave, I want to pay him in cash.

How much would you pay?

Thanks
If your mate did you a favour (which it sounds like), I'd pay him your full basic rate plus delivery supplement before any tax or NI taken off
as he'll have missed out on any of that work payment (which I'm assuming you've been paid incl. the RM pension contribution) going towards his pension.
That's what I'd do anyway......

8 x 12.29 = 98.32, so 100 quid cash sounds about right.
You dont miss out on any payment on your rest day, if you work your rest day its about £90 less tax so £80 is about right.
Doh, good point cpsteve, didn't pick up on the logic of that but even so it seems the colleague has done the OP a favour so I'd still give the 100 quid personally.
yellowbelly
Posts: 3728
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

Full time day in cash

Post by yellowbelly »

wallop wrote:Why are you paying someone if you are on special leave?
I thought that but I'm wondering if the special leave would only be granted if the OP could get someone to cover...? You know
how unsympathetic some managers can be sometimes.....
spartakus
Posts: 14
Joined: 24 Feb 2011, 16:36
Gender: Male

Full time day in cash

Post by spartakus »

Thanks for all replies folks!

We are outside of London.
£80 is about right.
I wish I make £100 a day, so I can pay him £100.

wallop wrote:Why are you paying someone if you are on special leave?
I owed him a day last February. No idea when I'll be back to work.