ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Large boxes for small parcels

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
wazer
Posts: 357
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 21:20
Gender: Male

Large boxes for small parcels

Post by wazer »

I asked Dom if i could i use a larger box for all the smaller parcel to go in the van on Sat.The smaller boxes just take up room and the amount we have fir some areas they reguire more small boxes and they just take up room.I asked Dom if i coukd yse lafer bizes as it woukd be easier to sort into areas and be easier to sort in van.He told me they are banned.End if conversation.Any ideas why they banned. Larger bixes could also b stacked using height if van.
glenfiddich
Posts: 1012
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15

Large boxes for small parcels

Post by glenfiddich »

we lost all our large tubs bread baskets fish trays etc years ago everyone manages with letter trays now I tend to use memory for larger parcels but on busy days i write a street list of all big parcels :thumbup
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Large boxes for small parcels

Post by wacko74 »

I've always thought some kind of easily assembled slotted cardboard divider in a cross shape would be useful to go in the back of vans just so you could at least divide your pkts up into 4 separate sections.

No matter how carefully you try to put them in order in the back of the van they always end up sliding around and getting jumbled up to some extent.
deltaforce
Posts: 778
Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
Gender: Male

Large boxes for small parcels

Post by deltaforce »

Funny you mention the word box and a pop up add appears selling package boxes and cardboard. We are not alone!
HTPostman
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1505
Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
Gender: Male

Large boxes for small parcels

Post by HTPostman »

wacko74 wrote:I've always thought some kind of easily assembled slotted cardboard divider in a cross shape would be useful to go in the back of vans just so you could at least divide your pkts up into 4 separate sections.

No matter how carefully you try to put them in order in the back of the van they always end up sliding around and getting jumbled up to some extent.
This. I think we’ve all seen amazon drivers sorting their parcels on the street, they have those fabric bin/laundry basket type bags which can be collapsed down. Keeps everything in the right area.

I just use sacks and keep things separate that way. I tip the sack for the current streets out onto the back of the van and use trays if I need to separate them down even further. I also insist on writing a pkt list.. Works for me.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.

526
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16700
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Large boxes for small parcels

Post by clashcityrocker »

wazer wrote:.
I asked Dom if i coukd yse lafer bizes
He told me they are banned.
That is hysterical.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Large boxes for small parcels

Post by eastie »

I just use a mail sack for each loop and tip the parcels in the passenger seat each loop and clear them before doing the letters
wazer
Posts: 357
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 21:20
Gender: Male

Large boxes for small parcels

Post by wazer »

Sorry about spelling,was just after i woke up.Yer i know it was late but hey not much to do. Lol.Stay safe all.
Dindin
Posts: 491
Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
Gender: Male

Large boxes for small parcels

Post by Dindin »

eastie wrote:I just use a mail sack for each loop and tip the parcels in the passenger seat each loop and clear them before doing the letters
That's not allowed anymore. It's mad
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Large boxes for small parcels

Post by SpacePhoenix »

wazer wrote:I asked Dom if i could i use a larger box for all the smaller parcel to go in the van on Sat.The smaller boxes just take up room and the amount we have fir some areas they reguire more small boxes and they just take up room.I asked Dom if i coukd yse lafer bizes as it woukd be easier to sort into areas and be easier to sort in van.He told me they are banned.End if conversation.Any ideas why they banned. Larger bixes could also b stacked using height if van.
I wonder if they got axed around the time that all the alts and koffins were got rid of
Trail
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 162
Joined: 01 Dec 2016, 19:54
Gender: Male

Large boxes for small parcels

Post by Trail »

wazer wrote:I asked Dom if i could i use a larger box for all the smaller parcel to go in the van on Sat.The smaller boxes just take up room and the amount we have fir some areas they reguire more small boxes and they just take up room.I asked Dom if i coukd yse lafer bizes as it woukd be easier to sort into areas and be easier to sort in van.He told me they are banned.End if conversation.Any ideas why they banned. Larger bixes could also b stacked using height if van.
All Time Great typing episode^^^^