ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Misdelivery? trying to do me for wilful delay
-
Leebest112
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 27 Jan 2015, 16:23
- Gender: Male
Misdelivery? trying to do me for wilful delay
Hi there.
I recently accidentally, mis delivered a bundle of letters to a shop i wont say where. The bundle of letters was for part of a road.
But like i said rather then deliver them letters to the road correctly i accidentally gave the letters to a shop instead.
The shop is a big shop and always has alot of letters.
I didnt actually realise i did it until very late in the day but i couldnt really do anything about it then.
I came into work the next morning and the bundle has got back to the office, The manager is now trying to do me now for gross missconduct,
I dont know how the letters got back there i guess the man in the shop put them in the post box, The box is very near where i deliverer.
Like i said it was a genuine mistake a bad mistake. But surely its not willfull delay? I have been there for quite awhile now and have never had any warnings,
suspensions etc.
The union man whose going to come to the meeting with me says i should be ok. Originally he said it would just be a slap on the wrsit. But now ive been sent through a gross mis conduct letter.
What do you think?
I recently accidentally, mis delivered a bundle of letters to a shop i wont say where. The bundle of letters was for part of a road.
But like i said rather then deliver them letters to the road correctly i accidentally gave the letters to a shop instead.
The shop is a big shop and always has alot of letters.
I didnt actually realise i did it until very late in the day but i couldnt really do anything about it then.
I came into work the next morning and the bundle has got back to the office, The manager is now trying to do me now for gross missconduct,
I dont know how the letters got back there i guess the man in the shop put them in the post box, The box is very near where i deliverer.
Like i said it was a genuine mistake a bad mistake. But surely its not willfull delay? I have been there for quite awhile now and have never had any warnings,
suspensions etc.
The union man whose going to come to the meeting with me says i should be ok. Originally he said it would just be a slap on the wrsit. But now ive been sent through a gross mis conduct letter.
What do you think?
-
2yearpostie
- Posts: 1839
- Joined: 03 Mar 2020, 15:36
- Gender: Male
Misdelivery? trying to do me for wilful delay
First your dom has to prove you delivered them there, which he cant unless the shop owner brought them back to your office and explained why.
Youll be fine.
Youll be fine.
-
Leebest112
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 27 Jan 2015, 16:23
- Gender: Male
Misdelivery? trying to do me for wilful delay
Well to be honest. I thought it would be best to own up and say i delivered them to the shop accidentally.
The fact they come back probably through the post box. Would that look like ive deliberately put them in the box.
I was just going to be honest and say i accidentally delivered them to the shop.
The fact they come back probably through the post box. Would that look like ive deliberately put them in the box.
I was just going to be honest and say i accidentally delivered them to the shop.
-
glenfiddich
- Posts: 1012
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15
Misdelivery? trying to do me for wilful delay
be honest cos if they were put back in the post they will think you put them in and that is willfull delay
-
Dindin
- Posts: 491
- Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Misdelivery? trying to do me for wilful delay
Someone in our office did that on purpose and got away with it
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Misdelivery? trying to do me for wilful delay
gross misconduct over a misdelivery of a few letters(gross misconduct is a potential dismissal) and yet there are hundreds of duties up and down the country where mail has not gone out for days on end because they are concentrating on tracked packets and parcels. it beggars belief really. what a bunch of total shitbags some of these managers are.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Misdelivery? trying to do me for wilful delay
and also running the risk of getting 'COVID'.... and this is how they thank you. they make me sick.!
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Misdelivery? trying to do me for wilful delay
reading in between the lines, it looks like your DOM is thinking that you could've went back to the shop and retrieved the letters from the shopkeeper then delivered them correctly. but....if you didn't know what you had done with them, then that may go in your favour.
-
sindba
- Posts: 1456
- Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 20:27
- Gender: Male
Misdelivery? trying to do me for wilful delay
Jesus christ, this company are absolute scum.
Gross misconduct for a mistake? This culture of threats and fear is utterly toxic.
Good luck pal, and obviously get your rep onto it, and refuse to go into any managerial meetings without him / her.
Gross misconduct for a mistake? This culture of threats and fear is utterly toxic.
Good luck pal, and obviously get your rep onto it, and refuse to go into any managerial meetings without him / her.
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Misdelivery? trying to do me for wilful delay
Be honest, lying could make things worse. It was a genuine mistake. Your boss sounds heavy handed to say the least, my boss would probably laugh about something like this.
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Misdelivery? trying to do me for wilful delay
Yes indeed my friend,they really have got some neck to be putting you through this,and the union should be down on them,they continue to be corrupt and mis manage on a daily basis and get away with the bullying and harassment,get them out on a delivery see how they get on in our world!daveyeff wrote:gross misconduct over a misdelivery of a few letters(gross misconduct is a potential dismissal) and yet there are hundreds of duties up and down the country where mail has not gone out for days on end because they are concentrating on tracked packets and parcels. it beggars belief really. what a bunch of total shitbags some of these managers are.
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3221
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
Misdelivery? trying to do me for wilful delay
..daveyeff wrote:reading in between the lines, it looks like your DOM is thinking that you could've went back to the shop and retrieved the letters from the shopkeeper then delivered them correctly. but....if you didn't know what you had done with them, then that may go in your favour.
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
-
Route1
- Posts: 369
- Joined: 05 Jun 2015, 00:48
- Gender: Female
Misdelivery? trying to do me for wilful delay
I dont want to alarm you but Gross misconduct is potential sacking.
Assuming it was brought back to the office by the shop
Just be honest and say you delivered mail as normal and didnt know you misdelivered otherwise you would have gone back to get it.
If found in a pillarbox.
You didnt put it in the pillarbox. Check your pda actuals to prove you were not near that pillarbox. Possibly could have been you or somebody else that misdelivered it, but it was only put in the pillarbox that day even though the misdeliverly happened a few days ago.
Assuming it was brought back to the office by the shop
Just be honest and say you delivered mail as normal and didnt know you misdelivered otherwise you would have gone back to get it.
If found in a pillarbox.
You didnt put it in the pillarbox. Check your pda actuals to prove you were not near that pillarbox. Possibly could have been you or somebody else that misdelivered it, but it was only put in the pillarbox that day even though the misdeliverly happened a few days ago.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Misdelivery? trying to do me for wilful delay
Willful delay?!!! Jeez the amount of managers sanctioning willful delay of 1000's of pkts on a Saturday.
-
Munchboii
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 261
- Joined: 15 Oct 2019, 21:25
- Gender: Male
Misdelivery? trying to do me for wilful delay
One time I was doing part of a walk blind and I didnt even tie up the bags. The person who tied up the bag who was on light duties so I had to do the walk as I was reserve but blind.
There was a bundle for a dentist's which got told to me that it was all for the dentist. When actually the front 30 letters were for the dentist and the back 30 were for the next street.
So when I was out on delivery when I got to the dentist i gave them the whole bundle.
The next day the manager told me my mistake (the late collection postie had been given it). I just got laughed at basically as it was a silly mistake. And because I was doing it blind they let me off.
This was my experience of it. I suppose the manager might be abit harsh to make you gross misconduct.
I'd say it's because the manager is going to use you and f**k you over for his managers accreditation process.
There was a bundle for a dentist's which got told to me that it was all for the dentist. When actually the front 30 letters were for the dentist and the back 30 were for the next street.
So when I was out on delivery when I got to the dentist i gave them the whole bundle.
The next day the manager told me my mistake (the late collection postie had been given it). I just got laughed at basically as it was a silly mistake. And because I was doing it blind they let me off.
This was my experience of it. I suppose the manager might be abit harsh to make you gross misconduct.
I'd say it's because the manager is going to use you and f**k you over for his managers accreditation process.