ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
PDA
-
Jamesfr3man
- Posts: 46
- Joined: 10 Jun 2019, 20:04
- Gender: Male
PDA
Everyday, also sometimes the scanner button stops working and I have to turn the screen off and on for it to work, or in some scenarios I have to give it a "light" tap for the scanner to work. Not to mention the time it takes to log into the damn things when scanning my frame, you'd think RM would have this sorted my now 
-
Dannybuca
- Posts: 49
- Joined: 02 Jul 2018, 06:18
- Gender: Male
PDA
What you mentioned about the scanner is exactly my experience in the last week or two. If I put it on standby, when reopening it I have to flick the screen off and on again maybe 75%+ of the time. Over the course of a day that gets more than a little tedious!Jamesfr3man wrote:Everyday, also sometimes the scanner button stops working and I have to turn the screen off and on for it to work, or in some scenarios I have to give it a "light" tap for the scanner to work. Not to mention the time it takes to log into the damn things when scanning my frame, you'd think RM would have this sorted my now
-
olilew
- Posts: 594
- Joined: 19 May 2010, 22:04
- Gender: Male
PDA
Had various problems with them everyday but my biggest bugbear is accidentally touching the screen and losing data or it going to 'incident'. We had a guy hauled into the office for 'missing several scans' He was getting taken down the disciplinary procedure when it came to light that his pda was faulty. These things are going to cost posties their jobs if they don't sort them out! Having said that I wouldn't put it past them for that to be part of the ir masterplan.
"Just take it out and see how you go......."
-
chickenwittle
- Posts: 2095
- Joined: 15 Nov 2009, 09:43
- Gender: Male
PDA
Same for me , lunchtime every day , I’ve told the manager that tracked items are probably not being scanned due to this as it happens mid scanning .Mark_F wrote:Around lunchtime every day.
I'm using 2 (covering collections for 2 walks) and find that; when I notice the one I'm using has crashed, the other asks for login (probably also crashed).
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
PDA
I restart mine at the end of every shift, you tend to have less problems. They're just phones, and if you keep them running endlessly they go slow. That said, since the update it crashes more. Had to knock on the door to rescan a special the other day coz it crashed before I could submit my signature.
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4110
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
PDA
Just googled tc75 PDA looks like they're on android 5 so only 5 versions behind, I'd say the issue is the 1gb ram though that's why they keep crashing there's too much crap constantly running in the background tracking us etc.SpacePhoenix wrote:Anyone know what version of Android the PDAs now run (I suspect that it'll be at least 3 versions behind the current version of Android)?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.