ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

lost van key

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
jack17
Posts: 7
Joined: 13 Feb 2020, 19:49
Gender: Male

lost van key

Post by jack17 »

Unfortunatelly I`ve lost a van key today. I reported it to my DOM. He said that tomorrow he will start an investigation. What is that mean to me? Do I get any warning? It was the first time that I`ve lost van key.
meercat
Posts: 814
Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
Gender: Male

lost van key

Post by meercat »

It's to be expected that people will sometimes lose van keys, we are all human. Don't worry about it, if your dom wants to speak to you about it say sorry boss. He might give you an official warning if he's an idiot.
mags999
Posts: 372
Joined: 25 Jun 2016, 11:05
Gender: Male

lost van key

Post by mags999 »

is this a wind up :Very Happy
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

lost van key

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

jack17 wrote:Unfortunatelly I`ve lost a van key today. I reported it to my DOM. He said that tomorrow he will start an investigation. What is that mean to me? Do I get any warning? It was the first time that I`ve lost van key.
If its an investigation then if you are a Union member make sure that the rep is there with you.

Also buying a key chain, voluntarily, will help show you are taking steps to avoid the problem in future.

For the next comment, he shouldn't have to buy a chain. Correct its only a suggestion to mitigate any future action. I kept dropping my van keys so I bought a cheap chain. now I no longer drop them, or if I do they are still attached to me.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
antcpfc
Posts: 629
Joined: 18 Sep 2007, 17:25

lost van key

Post by antcpfc »

I dropped mine down a drain. Themanager broufht me out the spare. Heard no more about it.
Slider tool. Lol.
Ricardo44
Posts: 164
Joined: 15 Dec 2013, 20:34
Gender: Male

lost van key

Post by Ricardo44 »

I wouldnt worry about it too much. We used to have a lad working at our office who 'lost' about 4 in the space of about 6 months. He had a real attitude problem and hated the managers. He never got conducted for it but later left the business of his own choice. The problem now is that van keys are difficult and expensive to replace, unlike years ago when you could go to any key cutting shop and get one cut while you waited for a couple of quid.
bigal383
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 492
Joined: 11 Dec 2012, 16:20
Gender: Male

lost van key

Post by bigal383 »

Stop worrying we’re in a pandemic pal you’ve lost a key wooooooooaashhhhhhh people lose them
In my office about twenty time’s a week they’ve soared and can order them relax and stay safe this is the problem now with Royal Mail have everyone in line we’re human!
stodgy88
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 641
Joined: 14 Nov 2008, 20:11
Gender: Male

lost van key

Post by stodgy88 »

Heard COLUMBO has flown in from the states to help out .
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

lost van key

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Collating
OPGS
Losing keys
Unlikely
Major
Bollocking
Obviously

How did you know the codeword? :shock:
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
centenaryman
Posts: 512
Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 20:31
Gender: Male

lost van key

Post by centenaryman »

keys been lost in our gaff....they tend to move the van on to a walk thats far away from were you may of lost the key

makes sense to me
Chelseablue
Posts: 2225
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

lost van key

Post by Chelseablue »

Eddie shoestring also flying in asap to investigate
bergos
Posts: 34
Joined: 17 Aug 2015, 18:44
Gender: Male

lost van key

Post by bergos »

jack17 wrote:Unfortunatelly I`ve lost a van key today. I reported it to my DOM. He said that tomorrow he will start an investigation. What is that mean to me? Do I get any warning? It was the first time that I`ve lost van key.
Can't see it being too serious, any reasonable manager can understand that accidents happen. Shame this is Royal Mail and they teach the humanity out of our managers from day one, with any luck you might be able to appeal to whats left of the human within and get away with a slap on the wrist.
gerrys
Posts: 33
Joined: 03 Sep 2011, 16:15
Gender: Male

lost van key

Post by gerrys »

good advice from 'BlueTerrier' on a lighter note few years back i parked my van with rear doors next to drainage grate ;opened back door and dropped keys :shock: looked down and there they where ;they had fallen between the slots on the grate!,needless to say I did the Lottery that night [didn't win anything].Try not to worry just be honest at interview/investigation .
afcdibby
PARCELFORCE
Posts: 89
Joined: 26 Mar 2015, 20:58
Gender: Male

lost van key

Post by afcdibby »

Don't you guys have the keys on a key chain? Bulk standard in our Parcelforce office.
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

lost van key

Post by Seymour Buts »

They've banned non drivers from having one that many have been lost at certain offices. You sure it's lost? Turn up in bags and all sorts from time to time. Even if it doesn't, if it's a one off don't worry about it. In our office they just swap vans around so it isn't being driven around an area where the key might be knocking around.