I have a customer who has received a sorry your item is damaged/missing.It was a card,bracelet and photos which were going in her dads coffin as he has sadly died.
Can anyone tell me if mail centres keep lost items?
If they have fallen out of the envelope in a mail centre it would be Leeds or Sheffield.Is there a number i could phone to ask myself.
The bracelet was of sentimental value only.
I know its a long shot.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Lost items
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
Lost items
Items found in the mail eventually end up at Belfast. You'll not be able to find a number for Belfast so your only option is to contact customer services on O3457 740 740. They are able to contact Belfast.ROSSCO wrote:I have a customer who has received a sorry your item is damaged/missing.It was a card,bracelet and photos which were going in her dads coffin as he has sadly died.
Can anyone tell me if mail centres keep lost items?
If they have fallen out of the envelope in a mail centre it would be Leeds or Sheffield.Is there a number i could phone to ask myself.
The bracelet was of sentimental value only.
I know its a long shot.
-
meercat
- Posts: 814
- Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
- Gender: Male
Lost items
This claims to show a landline number for Leeds Mail Centre
https://findit.yorkshireeveningpost.co. ... 4377179138" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and this one Sheffield
https://findit.thestar.co.uk/company/483008992145408" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If you can get through you could ask if anything has been found, it sounds memorable so worth a try but I bet they get lots of packages bursting open every day.
https://findit.yorkshireeveningpost.co. ... 4377179138" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and this one Sheffield
https://findit.thestar.co.uk/company/483008992145408" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If you can get through you could ask if anything has been found, it sounds memorable so worth a try but I bet they get lots of packages bursting open every day.