ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Changes

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Gunner70
Posts: 14
Joined: 25 Jun 2018, 17:00
Gender: Male

Changes

Post by Gunner70 »

Have I missed something , posties on here still talking about all the changes are going ahead , we’ve been told today is all on hold as Cwu are in dispute with Royal Mail , so what’s going on ?
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Changes

Post by krussel »

Gunner70 wrote:Have I missed something , posties on here still talking about all the changes are going ahead , we’ve been told today is all on hold as Cwu are in dispute with Royal Mail , so what’s going on ?
Best read the thread below :Very Happy
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Changes

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Gunner check out the post "Mon-Fri" it covers the discussion of the Proposed Duty Changes. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Chelseablue
Posts: 2225
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

Changes

Post by Chelseablue »

Ready for the battle ahead
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Changes

Post by Celgar »

The changes have been announced to the public so even though most DOMs are ****** off about the lack of notice & have said the changes are unworkable I doubt they have been put on hold. With any luck it will be a complete disaster & result in Rico getting the heave-ho.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
LaggyBand
Posts: 1065
Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
Gender: Male

Changes

Post by LaggyBand »

Gunner70 wrote:Have I missed something , posties on here still talking about all the changes are going ahead , we’ve been told today is all on hold as Cwu are in dispute with Royal Mail , so what’s going on ?
Yes mate there’s just a bit of war coming up
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Changes

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Celgar wrote:The changes have been announced to the public so even though most DOMs are ****** off about the lack of notice & have said the changes are unworkable I doubt they have been put on hold. With any luck it will be a complete disaster & result in Rico getting the heave-ho.
Wouldn't surprise me if DOMs, MCMs, MC Shift Managers and MC Mech Managers probably first heard about it from reading about it in the news
LaggyBand
Posts: 1065
Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
Gender: Male

Changes

Post by LaggyBand »

Celgar wrote:The changes have been announced to the public so even though most DOMs are ****** off about the lack of notice & have said the changes are unworkable I doubt they have been put on hold. With any luck it will be a complete disaster & result in Rico getting the heave-ho.
Thing is though peer pressure is a mofo and there’ll be a scramble to not be that one DOM on the conference call that didn’t complete the mission.
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Changes

Post by rambo1 »

LaggyBand wrote:
Celgar wrote:The changes have been announced to the public so even though most DOMs are ****** off about the lack of notice & have said the changes are unworkable I doubt they have been put on hold. With any luck it will be a complete disaster & result in Rico getting the heave-ho.
Thing is though peer pressure is a mofo and there’ll be a scramble to not be that one DOM on the conference call that didn’t complete the mission.
If I were a Dom I'd be the one speaking up and saying it's un workable. I'd probably be a postie again quick sharp, but with a clear conscience
LaggyBand
Posts: 1065
Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
Gender: Male

Changes

Post by LaggyBand »

rambo1 wrote:
LaggyBand wrote:
Celgar wrote:The changes have been announced to the public so even though most DOMs are ****** off about the lack of notice & have said the changes are unworkable I doubt they have been put on hold. With any luck it will be a complete disaster & result in Rico getting the heave-ho.
Thing is though peer pressure is a mofo and there’ll be a scramble to not be that one DOM on the conference call that didn’t complete the mission.
If I were a Dom I'd be the one speaking up and saying it's un workable. I'd probably be a postie again quick sharp, but with a clear conscience
But dat money tho...
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Changes

Post by Celgar »

SpacePhoenix wrote:
Celgar wrote:The changes have been announced to the public so even though most DOMs are ****** off about the lack of notice & have said the changes are unworkable I doubt they have been put on hold. With any luck it will be a complete disaster & result in Rico getting the heave-ho.
Wouldn't surprise me if DOMs, MCMs, MC Shift Managers and MC Mech Managers probably first heard about it from reading about it in the news
It did go to the media first but this is standard practice with RM.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
luddite
Posts: 451
Joined: 06 May 2008, 20:24

Changes

Post by luddite »

There'll surely be a bonus though for managers getting these changes through? There usually is!
£1000 say? No manager will find a conscience when money is on the table.
deltaforce
Posts: 778
Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
Gender: Male

Changes

Post by deltaforce »

In a large or medium size office with complex duty structures it ain’t going to happen overnight. Our Dom is about to go on leave and he has only received notice just a few days ago
A2B
Posts: 2029
Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 19:34
Gender: Male

Changes

Post by A2B »

deltaforce wrote:In a large or medium size office with complex duty structures it ain’t going to happen overnight. Our Dom is about to go on leave and he has only received notice just a few days ago
He may well have his leave cancelled :Boo hoo!