ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
People Getting Lazy
-
DICKIEG
- Posts: 158
- Joined: 27 Jun 2011, 19:07
- Gender: Male
People Getting Lazy
Is it just me, or do people seem to be getting idle due to lockdown. When lockdown first came in people were coming to the door more or less straight away to get their packets etc. Now it's getting to the point I've actually started writing out cards before they get to the door.
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2057
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
People Getting Lazy
People are including Me!!! Had a few days leave and sat about watching TV and eating biscuits.The less I did the less I wanted to do.Made Me realise peoples mental and physical health are going to be the next big worry more so if You can’t run Your business!!!
-
FAB
- Posts: 234
- Joined: 06 May 2017, 22:57
- Gender: Male
People Getting Lazy
Absolutely! Take far longer to get to the door. Also finding lots of Amazon packets left on doorsteps, even more than usual!
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2036
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
People Getting Lazy
I now knock & leave the parcel & keep my eye on it, I've usually delivered to 2 or 3 houses by the time they have answered & I give a shout "Thank you" when I hear the door open, I will hopefully carry on this method with parcels when the lock down is finished, like it.
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
People Getting Lazy
Absolutely. Past couple of days I've noticed that a lot of people aren't even managing to accomplish basic tasks, like getting dressed anymore. The amount of people in dressing gowns past midday has been staggering.
Even in the midst of very drunken leave/rest days spent at home I manage to at least get dressed before leaving the bedroom
Even in the midst of very drunken leave/rest days spent at home I manage to at least get dressed before leaving the bedroom
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
People Getting Lazy
I always find Saturdays particularly frustrating for people taking longer to answer the door than normal, don't know why they do it, presumably they're just in weekend mode and do everything at a leisurely pace.
So I suppose it figures that all the '80% of wages for watching Netflix brigade' are now also firmly in leisure mode.
Also teenagers seem to have a habit of taking far longer to answer the door than any other age group, presumably having to drag themselves away from their screens.
So I suppose it figures that all the '80% of wages for watching Netflix brigade' are now also firmly in leisure mode.
Also teenagers seem to have a habit of taking far longer to answer the door than any other age group, presumably having to drag themselves away from their screens.
-
Flashman_
- Posts: 363
- Joined: 05 Jan 2010, 00:08
- Gender: Male
People Getting Lazy
I def noticed this, some people seem too lazy to answer their own doors, having to knock or ring 2-3 times. When they do answer lots are in dressing gowns, at 1pm.
-
Tinoblade
- Posts: 252
- Joined: 13 Jan 2018, 19:51
- Gender: Male
People Getting Lazy
Yup, I was pushing it a bit time wise on Saturday and I had 3 houses in a row that answered the door after I'd knocked twice, Checked back garden if no gate and written out a card. Then eventually they came to the door. Amazing how a red card can spring people into action. I was ready to murder haha.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
People Getting Lazy
it seems like its human nature if youre not doing anything for such a long time you fall into this lethargic state.
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
People Getting Lazy
It is interesting to observe these people who don't work or have much else to do in their life, they seem to operate on a completely different timescale to busier members of society.Postie45 wrote:it seems like its human nature if youre not doing anything for such a long time you fall into this lethargic state.
My mother in law has been retired for 20 years, not that she did much work before officially retiring, every task she does is done at painfully slow snails pace, she spent 30 minutes making herself a salad sandwich for her lunch the other day, then took another 45 minutes just to eat it!
I usually don't have the time for such leisurely lunches even on my days off.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
People Getting Lazy
Totally Agree with previous posts, People are starting to get Slower at answering the Door. Wrote my First 739 of the Lock Down the other day. It was on my Lapsing Section (so I'm not that Familiar with all the Residents). This address had parcels most days of the week and I'd been leaving them with the Old Biddy Next Door. On Saturday I asked the Old Biddy, "Are they Key Workers next door ... they never answer the door to me"
She said, "No they NEVER answer the door to any of the couriers, but they're in... Do you want me to take that parcel for them"?
I apologised for disturbing her, and just 739d them.
I apologised for disturbing her, and just 739d them.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
People Getting Lazy
Experience has taught me just what selective hearing or customers have. Stand there Ringing the Bell (you can hear it)... Give the Door a Few LOUD Knocks.... Still no answer. BUT when you put the mail through (after filling out a 739) the door opens and the idiot inside says, "I heard the Letterbox"!Tinoblade wrote:Yup, I was pushing it a bit time wise on Saturday and I had 3 houses in a row that answered the door after I'd knocked twice, Checked back garden if no gate and written out a card. Then eventually they came to the door. Amazing how a red card can spring people into action. I was ready to murder haha.
I'm sure some of them must think it's the Debt Collectors knocking. Nowadays I stick the mail through First... and then start Ringing & Banging. I get a much higher success rate.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
People Getting Lazy
IMO It just boils down to Personal Discipline. I think most people have never been in any situation remotely like this, but you have to maintain a routine. Including getting dressed, and having a Wash & Shave, even if you're not going out.Postie45 wrote:it seems like its human nature if youre not doing anything for such a long time you fall into this lethargic state.
It just tricks the mind into thinking everything's OK. Same with getting up & going to sleep... try to keep to a routine .... otherwise you start to get sleep problems.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
britwrit
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 967
- Joined: 22 Apr 2007, 15:12
People Getting Lazy
I've found that even on two weeks holiday I get a bit useless. I've always wondered how many hours of work in a week I need for my free time to still have its savor., mowacko74 wrote:It is interesting to observe these people who don't work or have much else to do in their life, they seem to operate on a completely different timescale to busier members of society.Postie45 wrote:it seems like its human nature if youre not doing anything for such a long time you fall into this lethargic state.
My mother in law has been retired for 20 years, not that she did much work before officially retiring, every task she does is done at painfully slow snails pace, she spent 30 minutes making herself a salad sandwich for her lunch the other day, then took another 45 minutes just to eat it!
I usually don't have the time for such leisurely lunches even on my days off.
Way less than forty, more than ten or twelve, is the best I can figure.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
People Getting Lazy
If you want a job done ... Give it to a Busy Person...... My Missus takes about an hour to get ready and get out of the door (and then forgets her Bloody Purse) .... drives me crazywacko74 wrote:
It is interesting to observe these people who don't work or have much else to do in their life, they seem to operate on a completely different timescale to busier members of society.
My mother in law has been retired for 20 years, not that she did much work before officially retiring, every task she does is done at painfully slow snails pace, she spent 30 minutes making herself a salad sandwich for her lunch the other day, then took another 45 minutes just to eat it!
I usually don't have the time for such leisurely lunches even on my days off.
When I'm dropping her off somewhere in a hurry I'll say, "Right I'll pull over by the Bus Stop get ready to get out". She'll wait until I've stopped and then start looking for her Bag ... Glasses .... Fags & Lighter .... Keys! .... FFS I feel like opening the door and pushing her out sometimes!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)