ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Is basic pay in arrears?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Ren Hoëk
Posts: 737
Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 12:19
Gender: Male

Is basic pay in arrears?

Post by Ren Hoëk »

As the title states. Im currently on A/L but starting next week I will be moving onto unpaid special leave. Regardless of what I think of the situation does anyone know if we are paid in arrears?

For example. I got paid today but was that pay for last weeks work or was it this weeks upfront.
Will I receive this weeks pay next Friday or was it this weeks pay I received today and as such will receive no further pay until the week I return to work?
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16700
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Is basic pay in arrears?

Post by clashcityrocker »

Only overtime is paid a week in arrears.
Basic pay paid today is for this week.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Ren Hoëk
Posts: 737
Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 12:19
Gender: Male

Is basic pay in arrears?

Post by Ren Hoëk »

clashcityrocker wrote:Only overtime is paid a week in arrears.
Basic pay paid today is for this week.
Cheers. I did think as much.