ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Sunday Bank Holiday?
-
Jamesfr3man
- Posts: 46
- Joined: 10 Jun 2019, 20:04
- Gender: Male
Sunday Bank Holiday?
Hi all, just a quick question. I'm a part timer on a 25 hour contract, 5 days a week including sundays. Last week I was told to take tuesday off which I did and had good friday off and easter sunday off. My question is, am I owed a extra rest day next week? As both friday and sunday were working days acording to my contract and I only had one rest day in the week (tues)? I've spoken to my DOM and acording to him my second rest day was on sunday and easter sunday doesn't count as bank holiday so it was just a normal restday. Am I being shafted out of a rest day next week? 
-
P13
- Posts: 1016
- Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 14:35
- Gender: Male
Sunday Bank Holiday?
Sunday was not a Bank Holiday, Monday is the Bank holiday
-
Janet Brum
- Posts: 886
- Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
- Gender: Female
Sunday Bank Holiday?
If you are a postie, your contract is 5 days Monday to Saturday, not Sunday.
We don`t deliver on Sunday`s, that`s your day off plus another one during the week.
We had Good Friday bank holiday and Easter Monday for wich we are paid.
Have a read here: https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/royal-m ... glance.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Also you can find lots of useful information on this forum.
We don`t deliver on Sunday`s, that`s your day off plus another one during the week.
We had Good Friday bank holiday and Easter Monday for wich we are paid.
Have a read here: https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/royal-m ... glance.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Also you can find lots of useful information on this forum.
-
Jojo008
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 12 Nov 2019, 19:30
- Gender: Male
Sunday Bank Holiday?
Does the bank holiday yesterday count as a rest day as I’ve noticed I’m down on the rota to work through to Saturday even though I’m on a 5 day week contract?
-
Pumpernickel
- Posts: 155
- Joined: 09 Nov 2019, 20:55
- Gender: Male
Sunday Bank Holiday?
The BH can be your rest day. In that case, if another day can't be sorted in the week to substitute (most likely): you'll either be paid the BH as extra (most likely), or be given another day holiday to book. Ask your manager which it is.
-
Jamesfr3man
- Posts: 46
- Joined: 10 Jun 2019, 20:04
- Gender: Male
Sunday Bank Holiday?
Hi all, thanks for the replies. My contract does in fact state Sundays as part of my 25 hours a week as I work in the enquiries office from 10:00 till 3:00. Its not just me, there're three other part timers with this contract and we all take turns working Sundays with two rest days in the week. With this information my question still stands. From my understanding Easter Sunday is sort of like Christmas day and thus if a rest day falls on it I might be able to claim a extra day or O/T wages. Unless I'm wrong 
-
P13
- Posts: 1016
- Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 14:35
- Gender: Male
Sunday Bank Holiday?
Christmas day is a public holiday Easter Sunday is not
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Sunday Bank Holiday?
Are mc workers not classed as postiesJanet Brum wrote:If you are a postie, your contract is 5 days Monday to Saturday, not Sunday.
We don`t deliver on Sunday`s, that`s your day off plus another one during the week.
We had Good Friday bank holiday and Easter Monday for wich we are paid.
Have a read here: https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/royal-m ... glance.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Also you can find lots of useful information on this forum.
-
Janet Brum
- Posts: 886
- Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
- Gender: Female
Sunday Bank Holiday?
If you go on delivery inside a Mc then yes, you are classed as a postie 
-
Steve_claret
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 324
- Joined: 17 Dec 2011, 14:53
- Gender: Male
Sunday Bank Holiday?
Most MC's don't have DO's in the same building nowadays. They have moved delivery staff out into separate buildings as MC's need more floor space for parcels.Janet Brum wrote:If you go on delivery inside a Mc then yes, you are classed as a postie
-
Janet Brum
- Posts: 886
- Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
- Gender: Female
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Sunday Bank Holiday?
you are entitled to an extra rest day for the bank holiday monday. Whether you tend to work this day or not regularly matters not your typical weekly hours should be down by 1 day for that week. So anything worked above 20 hours is overtime.Jamesfr3man wrote:Hi all, thanks for the replies. My contract does in fact state Sundays as part of my 25 hours a week as I work in the enquiries office from 10:00 till 3:00. Its not just me, there're three other part timers with this contract and we all take turns working Sundays with two rest days in the week. With this information my question still stands. From my understanding Easter Sunday is sort of like Christmas day and thus if a rest day falls on it I might be able to claim a extra day or O/T wages. Unless I'm wrong :d'oh!