ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

D2D’s why?!!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
dazer0070
Posts: 120
Joined: 02 Feb 2014, 18:13
Gender: Male

D2D’s why?!!

Post by dazer0070 »

Some I get back to office today, reverse up to the dock, get out and notice a 600 unloading bloody D2D’s for next week........pizza!!!
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16700
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

D2D’s why?!!

Post by clashcityrocker »

Why?
Because it provides people with employment.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
dazer0070
Posts: 120
Joined: 02 Feb 2014, 18:13
Gender: Male

D2D’s why?!!

Post by dazer0070 »

clashcityrocker wrote:Why?
Because it provides people with employment.
Management are we!!?
Think we’ve got enough to keep us busy, don’t you?? Or maybe you haven’t.....
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32801
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

D2D’s why?!!

Post by POSTMAN »

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 72&t=95357" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Royal Mail Statement to Advertisers
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
dazer0070
Posts: 120
Joined: 02 Feb 2014, 18:13
Gender: Male

D2D’s why?!!

Post by dazer0070 »

POSTMAN wrote:https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 72&t=95357

Royal Mail Statement to Advertisers
That’s all well and good but ask the families of our poor colleagues who have lost their lives, if delivering the s**t is worth it!!!! Think you know the answer....
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16700
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

D2D’s why?!!

Post by clashcityrocker »

dazer0070 wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:Why?
Because it provides people with employment.
Management are we!!?
Think we’ve got enough to keep us busy, don’t you?? Or maybe you haven’t.....
What about the people who design the leaflets? The printers? The people who work in the bundling centres?
The sales people?
The businesses that are trying to generate work to keep them and their employees in a job?

Management are we? is a stupid question.
Spend half a minute trying to think of something other than yourself.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
dazer0070
Posts: 120
Joined: 02 Feb 2014, 18:13
Gender: Male

D2D’s why?!!

Post by dazer0070 »

clashcityrocker wrote:
dazer0070 wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:Why?
Because it provides people with employment.
Management are we!!?
Think we’ve got enough to keep us busy, don’t you?? Or maybe you haven’t.....
What about the people who design the leaflets? The printers? The people who work in the bundling centres?
The sales people?
The businesses that are trying to generate work to keep them and their employees in a job?

Management are we? is a stupid question.
Spend half a minute trying to think of something other than yourself.
You sound like you’re happy with what’s being asked of us at present? Do you read any of the posts on here and if so do you not accept the majority seem to be pretty pissed off with what we are doing?!
I care about us all being exposed to the present danger more than we need to be, so no I’m not just thinking of myself.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16700
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

D2D’s why?!!

Post by clashcityrocker »

dazer0070 wrote: You sound like you’re happy with what Is being asked of us at present?
I am a postman. That is what I do for a living. I deliver stuff to people on behalf of other people.
I like my job and I am more than happy to be able to continue doing it at the present time.
I would hate to be stuck indoors. I would hate to have had a 20% wage cut.

Delivering D2D doesn't appear to me to be any more dangerous than delivering anything else so I don't know why people get so upset about it. (Actually people have been upset about them since they were introduced in the 80s (?) so the current situation is just another excuse to vent that frustration)
In all the time I have been a member of RMC people have moaned about every aspect of the job. Constantly.
If it was that bad they would jack it in but they don't. they just prefer to moan.
If anyone really believed delivering D2D is a threat to their life, they wouldn't deliver them. I wouldn't.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Woody Guthrie
Posts: 5166
Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
Gender: Male

D2D’s why?!!

Post by Woody Guthrie »

Have to say I've been delivering a leaflet for a local funeral directors this week.

Nobody is happy with that.
Not us.
Not the recipient.
Not the sender (they booked it months ago and tried to cancel but RM wanted a cancellation fee on top of what they had already paid).

I do think the business has been too slow to react to the situation and too rigid in their demands with the senders.

D2D may be a valuable revenue stream but with offices failing and duties being left behind we also need to protect the other more valuable streams.

'I know you're waiting for your medication but here's a pizza leaflet instead' is not a good way to protect jobs.
Only dead fish follow the current
cockneyrebel
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 117
Joined: 08 Nov 2017, 13:54
Gender: Male

D2D’s why?!!

Post by cockneyrebel »

Our depot only delivered Boris letter and health d2d in last 2 weeks
4 other varieties still strapped up not put out 3 this week 1 last week
not enough staff in re corona -to many part timers, who don't prep them so just been left
overwhelmed by parcels DOM just wants tracked done and aware we would not have the time for those d2ds risking tracked failures
I am sure many depots in similar boat right now
its just priorities
Rumple
Posts: 429
Joined: 20 Nov 2013, 10:45
Gender: Male

D2D’s why?!!

Post by Rumple »

clashcityrocker wrote:
dazer0070 wrote: You sound like you’re happy with what Is being asked of us at present?
I am a postman. That is what I do for a living. I deliver stuff to people on behalf of other people.
I like my job and I am more than happy to be able to continue doing it at the present time.
I would hate to be stuck indoors. I would hate to have had a 20% wage cut.

Delivering D2D doesn't appear to me to be any more dangerous than delivering anything else so I don't know why people get so upset about it.
If anyone really believed delivering D2D is a threat to their life, they wouldn't deliver them. I wouldn't.
It's not just the delivering of the d2ds, it's the prepping of them in the office that is struggling to accomadate a 2m social distance.
If you do not believe this then speak to a colleague at Wire D.O. that has just had 2 members off staff test positive for covid-19.
Flashman_
Posts: 363
Joined: 05 Jan 2010, 00:08
Gender: Male

D2D’s why?!!

Post by Flashman_ »

clashcityrocker wrote:
dazer0070 wrote: You sound like you’re happy with what Is being asked of us at present?
I am a postman. That is what I do for a living. I deliver stuff to people on behalf of other people.
I like my job and I am more than happy to be able to continue doing it at the present time.
I would hate to be stuck indoors. I would hate to have had a 20% wage cut.

Delivering D2D doesn't appear to me to be any more dangerous than delivering anything else so I don't know why people get so upset about it. (Actually people have been upset about them since they were introduced in the 80s (?) so the current situation is just another excuse to vent that frustration)
In all the time I have been a member of RMC people have moaned about every aspect of the job. Constantly.
If it was that bad they would jack it in but they don't. they just prefer to moan.
If anyone really believed delivering D2D is a threat to their life, they wouldn't deliver them. I wouldn't.
You sound like you believe your only worth is as a postman. Its just a job, at the moment its a dangerous job that no one asked for, whether you recognise that or not. D2D adds time to indoor work, which is what we need to be avoiding as much as possible. Most other posties see themselves as more than just a postman, and that is why they have concerns. This company does not give a flying f about the workforce catching this, cause if they die they will not need to pay redundancies to them in the near future when they cut yours and others jobs.
Dindin
Posts: 491
Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
Gender: Male

D2D’s why?!!

Post by Dindin »

Woody Guthrie wrote:Have to say I've been delivering a leaflet for a local funeral directors this week.

Nobody is happy with that.
Not us.
Not the recipient.
Not the sender (they booked it months ago and tried to cancel but RM wanted a cancellation fee on top of what they had already paid).

I do think the business has been too slow to react to the situation and too rigid in their demands with the senders.

D2D may be a valuable revenue stream but with offices failing and duties being left behind we also need to protect the other more valuable streams.

'I know you're waiting for your medication but here's a pizza leaflet instead' is not a good way to protect jobs.
I can honestly say I've never had door to door from a funeral directors
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

D2D’s why?!!

Post by Seymour Buts »

Flashman_ wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:
dazer0070 wrote: You sound like you’re happy with what Is being asked of us at present?
I am a postman. That is what I do for a living. I deliver stuff to people on behalf of other people.
I like my job and I am more than happy to be able to continue doing it at the present time.
I would hate to be stuck indoors. I would hate to have had a 20% wage cut.

Delivering D2D doesn't appear to me to be any more dangerous than delivering anything else so I don't know why people get so upset about it. (Actually people have been upset about them since they were introduced in the 80s (?) so the current situation is just another excuse to vent that frustration)
In all the time I have been a member of RMC people have moaned about every aspect of the job. Constantly.
If it was that bad they would jack it in but they don't. they just prefer to moan.
If anyone really believed delivering D2D is a threat to their life, they wouldn't deliver them. I wouldn't.
You sound like you believe your only worth is as a postman. Its just a job, at the moment its a dangerous job that no one asked for, whether you recognise that or not. D2D adds time to indoor work, which is what we need to be avoiding as much as possible. Most other posties see themselves as more than just a postman, and that is why they have concerns. This company does not give a flying f about the workforce catching this, cause if they die they will not need to pay redundancies to them in the near future when they cut yours and others jobs.
Not really, if you die you have death in service benefit which would cost more than redundancy. Are you the type of person that believes this whole virus is one big conspiracy to rid the world of its elderly and infirm? This company, like all, is attemping to balance the need to continue operating with the safety of its staff. Made much more difficult in our case coz of the nature of the company.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

D2D’s why?!!

Post by aiden01 »

Seymour Buts wrote:
Flashman_ wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:
dazer0070 wrote: You sound like you’re happy with what Is being asked of us at present?
I am a postman. That is what I do for a living. I deliver stuff to people on behalf of other people.
I like my job and I am more than happy to be able to continue doing it at the present time.
I would hate to be stuck indoors. I would hate to have had a 20% wage cut.

Delivering D2D doesn't appear to me to be any more dangerous than delivering anything else so I don't know why people get so upset about it. (Actually people have been upset about them since they were introduced in the 80s (?) so the current situation is just another excuse to vent that frustration)
In all the time I have been a member of RMC people have moaned about every aspect of the job. Constantly.
If it was that bad they would jack it in but they don't. they just prefer to moan.
If anyone really believed delivering D2D is a threat to their life, they wouldn't deliver them. I wouldn't.
You sound like you believe your only worth is as a postman. Its just a job, at the moment its a dangerous job that no one asked for, whether you recognise that or not. D2D adds time to indoor work, which is what we need to be avoiding as much as possible. Most other posties see themselves as more than just a postman, and that is why they have concerns. This company does not give a flying f about the workforce catching this, cause if they die they will not need to pay redundancies to them in the near future when they cut yours and others jobs.
Not really, if you die you have death in service benefit which would cost more than redundancy. Are you the type of person that believes this whole virus is one big conspiracy to rid the world of its elderly and infirm? This company, like all, is attemping to balance the need to continue operating with the safety of its staff. Made much more difficult in our case coz of the nature of the company.
Was thinking that meself surely its more costly to rm if you die than 2 years redundancy would cost??.