ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
We should not be at work
-
woody38
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 273
- Joined: 19 Apr 2016, 08:38
- Gender: Male
We should not be at work
After the news Boris Johnson is seriously ill, I am thinking more & more we should not be at work, If somebody in his position can get this then people like us are at a higher risk than I first thought. I do delivery & collections the amount of stuff we are collecting from firms & post offices is ridiculous. All we should be offering at this time is a basic service Specials, a revised postal service just delivering first class items. I have heard from top:managers if we don’t work the company won’t be able to pay us. After this is over I am leaving Royal Mail it has taken me 33 years to realise what a horrible company this is now.
-
Post69
- Posts: 195
- Joined: 12 May 2017, 09:38
- Gender: Male
We should not be at work
Why are you leaving after this? If your that afraid I would be leaving now
! And it's taken you 33 years to realise what a horrible company it is? I think its only became the uncaring company in the last 3 or so years before that we had our gripes but it wasn't no were near as bad as it is now! And privatisation has a massive hand in that because we all know when shareholders have the reins to any company its profits before life!
-
lillywhite
- Posts: 126
- Joined: 05 Apr 2009, 16:23
- Gender: Male
We should not be at work
Totally agree,it’s shameful. The delay in conversing with the union over various issues is obviously a tactic,one that will have an impact on many workers and their families. For those union members who didn’t vote in the recent ballot I hope these few weeks open your eyes.woody38 wrote:After the news Boris Johnson is seriously ill, I am thinking more & more we should not be at work, If somebody in his position can get this then people like us are at a higher risk than I first thought. I do delivery & collections the amount of stuff we are collecting from firms & post offices is ridiculous. All we should be offering at this time is a basic service Specials, a revised postal service just delivering first class items. I have heard from top:managers if we don’t work the company won’t be able to pay us. After this is over I am leaving Royal Mail it has taken me 33 years to realise what a horrible company this is now.
-
Deadly
- Posts: 703
- Joined: 12 Jul 2014, 21:38
- Gender: Male
We should not be at work
I did a collection yesterday and it's not far off Christmas levels. The PO staff are totally frazzled and very pissed off at the amount of non essential stuff that is coming through them.woody38 wrote: I do delivery & collections the amount of stuff we are collecting from firms & post offices is ridiculous.
-
HA1
- Posts: 75
- Joined: 28 Mar 2020, 16:15
- Gender: Male
We should not be at work
Lets all walk out and bankrupt the company
-
Rumple
- Posts: 429
- Joined: 20 Nov 2013, 10:45
- Gender: Male
We should not be at work
And our jobs with it?HA1 wrote:Lets all walk out and bankrupt the company
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
We should not be at work
That would more than likely bankrupt us long before it bankrupted the company.HA1 wrote:Lets all walk out and bankrupt the company
Only dead fish follow the current
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
We should not be at work
How long could any company afford to pay its workforce if it stopped trading?woody38 wrote: I have heard from top:managers if we don’t work the company won’t be able to pay us.
Anything that keeps the economy turning is essential to somebody, and ultimately to us.
A recession/depression isn't going to save anyone's job.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Flashman_
- Posts: 363
- Joined: 05 Jan 2010, 00:08
- Gender: Male
We should not be at work
The Gov. was happy to pay 80% pay to millions of other workers, to ensure their jobs remain, there is nothing essential about getting QVC crap sent to you. We should not be working, or only volunteers working to provide a skeleton service. Spain stopped postal services. Our offices simply cannot be made safe. Latest info clearly points to the virus spreading farther than first thought especially indoors. An infected person just speaking in the vicinity of others put them all at a very high risk of catching it.
In our office we still have a full office of staff,(notwithstanding people isolating or that have already walked) that are continually wandering around and talking and shouting. The heating is still on which gives a great stuffy atmosphere for the virus to travel around the office. They have staggered starts, single van working and attempted, but not policed 2m distancing. None of this will have any effect if anyone in the office has the virus because of what I said before.
It is simply not safe, and I am on the verge of walking out, at the moment I am relying on hope that no one in our office has it!
I SAT AGAIN WE SHOULD NOT BE WORKING.
In our office we still have a full office of staff,(notwithstanding people isolating or that have already walked) that are continually wandering around and talking and shouting. The heating is still on which gives a great stuffy atmosphere for the virus to travel around the office. They have staggered starts, single van working and attempted, but not policed 2m distancing. None of this will have any effect if anyone in the office has the virus because of what I said before.
It is simply not safe, and I am on the verge of walking out, at the moment I am relying on hope that no one in our office has it!
I SAT AGAIN WE SHOULD NOT BE WORKING.
-
hawkeye622
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 03 Jul 2019, 21:03
- Gender: Male
We should not be at work
I would happily work if Royal Mail was prioritising things correctly but when I'm being told to leave my full frame of mail for days to focus on parcels (boohoo, zara, hollister, QVC - wtf?) it all just feels so wrong. Thankfully I've only been in the job a short while, when this is all over I'll be leaving what I thought was my job for life. This virus has changed my outlook on everything and the pathetic lack of leadership from the bottom to the top of RM has completely put me off.
-
midegarelu
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 414
- Joined: 12 Sep 2009, 07:09
- Gender: Male
- Location: somewhere over the rainbow
We should not be at work
We are working because :-
1) STAY HOME SAVE LIVES PROTECT THE NHS
2) People staying home get bored, got online buy "crap" get cheered up and STAY HOME.
3) When all this is over the Economy will have taken a huge hit, because we are working some sectors will remain stable and provide future employment.
4) STAY HOME SAVE LIVES PROTECT THE NHS
5) Not everything is crap. Look closely, mixed in there is lots of "essential items". Prescriptions by post to name but one.
6) At some point in the future we will be needed, who else is going to deliver AND collect test kits.
7) STAY HOME SAVE LIVES PROTECT THE NHS
1) STAY HOME SAVE LIVES PROTECT THE NHS
2) People staying home get bored, got online buy "crap" get cheered up and STAY HOME.
3) When all this is over the Economy will have taken a huge hit, because we are working some sectors will remain stable and provide future employment.
4) STAY HOME SAVE LIVES PROTECT THE NHS
5) Not everything is crap. Look closely, mixed in there is lots of "essential items". Prescriptions by post to name but one.
6) At some point in the future we will be needed, who else is going to deliver AND collect test kits.
7) STAY HOME SAVE LIVES PROTECT THE NHS
"We employ you so we can sack you"
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
We should not be at work
The economy might well be f**cked by the time this is all over. You thought the 2008 austerity was bad, the austerity that's going to result from this will probably make the 2008 austerity look like a walk in the park
-
wallop
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 251
- Joined: 02 Feb 2011, 07:34
- Gender: Male
We should not be at work
Trouble is the park is full of people that should be staying at home.
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3221
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
We should not be at work
Please stop repeating 'Stay Home....' when by working we cannot, well....do just thatmidegarelu wrote:We are working because :-
1) STAY HOME SAVE LIVES PROTECT THE NHS
2) People staying home get bored, got online buy "crap" get cheered up and STAY HOME.
3) When all this is over the Economy will have taken a huge hit, because we are working some sectors will remain stable and provide future employment.
4) STAY HOME SAVE LIVES PROTECT THE NHS
5) Not everything is crap. Look closely, mixed in there is lots of "essential items". Prescriptions by post to name but one.
6) At some point in the future we will be needed, who else is going to deliver AND collect test kits.
7) STAY HOME SAVE LIVES PROTECT THE NHS
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
-
ssdd
- Posts: 2053
- Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
- Gender: Male
We should not be at work
I quite liked midegarelu's post. I believe he's highlighting the difference between the workers and the ones who should be staying at home, and how they need us to be able to do that.Acca Dacca wrote:Please stop repeating 'Stay Home....' when by working we cannot, well....do just thatmidegarelu wrote:We are working because :-
1) STAY HOME SAVE LIVES PROTECT THE NHS
2) People staying home get bored, got online buy "crap" get cheered up and STAY HOME.
3) When all this is over the Economy will have taken a huge hit, because we are working some sectors will remain stable and provide future employment.
4) STAY HOME SAVE LIVES PROTECT THE NHS
5) Not everything is crap. Look closely, mixed in there is lots of "essential items". Prescriptions by post to name but one.
6) At some point in the future we will be needed, who else is going to deliver AND collect test kits.
7) STAY HOME SAVE LIVES PROTECT THE NHS