Hi all.
Just wondering if anyone can suggest a pair of gloves for delivery? I used a pair during the recent Winter but found my dexterity wasn't great when if came to looking through my bundle when out on delivery. So I switched to wearing a fingerless pair on one hand. I need gloves that are thin, and form fitting, enough that I can look through letters easily.
Has anyone come across, or use, a pair that work really well for the job?
Kind Regards,
Neil
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Gloves
-
apple
- Posts: 496
- Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 17:13
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pluto
Gloves
I use these in winter, https://www.sealskinz.com/gloves/camo-s ... -beige.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
work well for me,
work well for me,
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Gloves
During the current situation I would presume you'll be wearing Blue Nitrile gloves.
I admire your enthusiasm but surely the weathers warming up... not getting colder?
I admire your enthusiasm but surely the weathers warming up... not getting colder?
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Gloves
The best advice available suggests gloves & masks are best deployed in medical situations.
For others just wash your hands regularly and cough or sneeze into a tissue along with 'social distancing ' measures.
We have gloves available in our DO but no one is using them apart from the DOM on odd occasions when he starts cleaning surfaces etc.
For others just wash your hands regularly and cough or sneeze into a tissue along with 'social distancing ' measures.
We have gloves available in our DO but no one is using them apart from the DOM on odd occasions when he starts cleaning surfaces etc.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Gloves
Personally I don't wear the rubber gloves either, it just seemed ironic that the question was about the best gloves to wear!Celgar wrote:The best advice available suggests gloves & masks are best deployed in medical situations.
For others just wash your hands regularly and cough or sneeze into a tissue along with 'social distancing ' measures.
We have gloves available in our DO but no one is using them apart from the DOM on odd occasions when he starts cleaning surfaces etc.
We have a few Posties that are obviously a bit more worried about the situation than others, they wear rubber gloves everywhere. Lots of people getting stressed about No Hand Gel ...... I suggested they take a Hand Bowl... Soap ... Towel & and a bottle of water in their vans if they're that bothered. Stay Safe!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)