ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Gloves

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
NP1975
Posts: 5
Joined: 30 Dec 2018, 14:39
Gender: Male

Gloves

Post by NP1975 »

Hi all.

Just wondering if anyone can suggest a pair of gloves for delivery? I used a pair during the recent Winter but found my dexterity wasn't great when if came to looking through my bundle when out on delivery. So I switched to wearing a fingerless pair on one hand. I need gloves that are thin, and form fitting, enough that I can look through letters easily.
Has anyone come across, or use, a pair that work really well for the job?

Kind Regards,
Neil
apple
Posts: 496
Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 17:13
Gender: Male
Location: Pluto

Gloves

Post by apple »

I use these in winter, https://www.sealskinz.com/gloves/camo-s ... -beige.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
work well for me,
pieoftheday
Posts: 1842
Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 16:43
Gender: Male

Gloves

Post by pieoftheday »

You could look for silk gloves that go under motorcycle gloves for extra warmth
PostmanBitesDog
Posts: 1428
Joined: 17 Feb 2019, 15:46
Gender: Male

Gloves

Post by PostmanBitesDog »

There're a couple of other threads raised on this same query, NP1975. :wink:

Gloves

Gloves
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Gloves

Post by Dorset Plodder »

During the current situation I would presume you'll be wearing Blue Nitrile gloves. :shock:

I admire your enthusiasm but surely the weathers warming up... not getting colder? :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Gloves

Post by Celgar »

The best advice available suggests gloves & masks are best deployed in medical situations.
For others just wash your hands regularly and cough or sneeze into a tissue along with 'social distancing ' measures.
We have gloves available in our DO but no one is using them apart from the DOM on odd occasions when he starts cleaning surfaces etc.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Gloves

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Celgar wrote:The best advice available suggests gloves & masks are best deployed in medical situations.
For others just wash your hands regularly and cough or sneeze into a tissue along with 'social distancing ' measures.
We have gloves available in our DO but no one is using them apart from the DOM on odd occasions when he starts cleaning surfaces etc.
Personally I don't wear the rubber gloves either, it just seemed ironic that the question was about the best gloves to wear! :Very Happy

We have a few Posties that are obviously a bit more worried about the situation than others, they wear rubber gloves everywhere. Lots of people getting stressed about No Hand Gel ...... I suggested they take a Hand Bowl... Soap ... Towel & and a bottle of water in their vans if they're that bothered. Stay Safe! :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)