ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Plantar fasciitis
-
comeracing
- Posts: 806
- Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
- Gender: Male
Plantar fasciitis
Been in agony some days with this doctor has told me an injection in the heel could be best option,anyone had this done would you be ok for work next day or would you get signed off for a period of rest ,any info much appreciated.
-
richietns
- Posts: 1101
- Joined: 17 Oct 2011, 18:09
- Gender: Male
Plantar fasciitis
Hello had this my self excruciating pain.Was told by the doctor Plantar fasciitis you do need time off so the muscle mends because thats what you've damaged.It fixed its self in about a week I got a sick note I think for two.comeracing wrote:Been in agony some days with this doctor has told me an injection in the heel could be best option,anyone had this done would you be ok for work next day or would you get signed off for a period of rest ,any info much appreciated.
-
rosmor
- Posts: 20
- Joined: 19 Nov 2009, 15:31
- Gender: Male
Plantar fasciitis
I feel your pain... literally!! Had the injection twice so far, about 2 years apart, trust me you won’t be at work the next day, it is mega painful, 2-3 days off after is what I’d say, good luck!!
-
ham2505
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 30 Apr 2011, 18:08
- Gender: Male
Plantar fasciitis
hello . yes its awful.....had it for 6 years never really gets better , but you can manage it, …..I went to the doctor who referred me to a nhs podiatrist ….the put my feet in a sponge mould and 4/6 weeks later a FREE pair of insoles that are custom to you and your condition ….I return every ten months to repeat my prescription .Lived with it now for years ….the joy of being a postman ….the injection would numb it for a period , quarterzone ? , you can have a maximum of 3 of those ..lads in work have had that then back to the insoles as it wheres off....Get a referral from your Doctor
-
broughts
- Posts: 334
- Joined: 24 Nov 2011, 19:09
- Gender: Male
Plantar fasciitis
Do stretches in the morning stretching your tendon and calf muscle also at night sit on edge of bed and roll frozen bottle of water underneath from heel to toe mines gone doing this for a while only do stretches now in the morning
-
Sugar
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 431
- Joined: 08 Jul 2007, 07:57
- Gender: Female
Plantar fasciitis
Had it for 5 years and then cured it. Biggest breakthrough was when I started to stretch my hips which helps you walk better and puts less impact onto the foot.
This guy is the B's Knees IMHO.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsYLsjXVLR8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulgAOykAgV4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This guy is the B's Knees IMHO.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsYLsjXVLR8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulgAOykAgV4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
masterblaster
- Posts: 285
- Joined: 10 Sep 2010, 20:12
- Gender: Male
Plantar fasciitis
You don't need any injections. Just do a few regular 'flicking' exercises with affected leg, mimicking kicking a ball with your heel, and hey presto! And don't where thin heeled boots and be careful not to compress your heel by jumping over walls etc.comeracing wrote:Been in agony some days with this doctor has told me an injection in the heel could be best option,anyone had this done would you be ok for work next day or would you get signed off for a period of rest ,any info much appreciated.
-
Paulo1963
- Posts: 37
- Joined: 21 Mar 2011, 16:44
- Gender: Male
Plantar fasciitis
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Massage-Forear ... 287&sr=8-5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Really helped me.
Really helped me.
-
mickeymacca
- Posts: 503
- Joined: 21 Jun 2012, 18:03
- Gender: Male
Plantar fasciitis
I had cortisone injection abut 6 years ago, resolved the situation overnight. It is really painful but I was back at work the next day, I was late 30s at the time. I have had no issues since, although other posters are correct in saying the procedure generally needs to be repeated when the damage returns. I'd recommend it from my experience, but like others have had said stretch those hips and get some decent shoes.comeracing wrote:Been in agony some days with this doctor has told me an injection in the heel could be best option,anyone had this done would you be ok for work next day or would you get signed off for a period of rest ,any info much appreciated.
regards
'Libraries gave us power'
-
bergos
- Posts: 34
- Joined: 17 Aug 2015, 18:44
- Gender: Male
Plantar fasciitis
Had this last year, didnt have an injection just got told to stay off work till it relaxed itself, took about 2 weeks of hobbiling around.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Plantar fasciitis
Lucky you now in my 5th yr with it.bergos wrote:Had this last year, didnt have an injection just got told to stay off work till it relaxed itself, took about 2 weeks of hobbiling around.
-
bergos
- Posts: 34
- Joined: 17 Aug 2015, 18:44
- Gender: Male
Plantar fasciitis
Do you wear Royal Mails footware? I can't be sure but I had been wearing the boots found them to be horrible for day to day walking around, after the problem was sorted I started to wear my own shoes, gel insoles and havn't had the problem return yet.aiden01 wrote:Lucky you now in my 5th yr with it.bergos wrote:Had this last year, didnt have an injection just got told to stay off work till it relaxed itself, took about 2 weeks of hobbiling around.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Plantar fasciitis
No and havnt done for years buy my own trainers then claim £34 off rm.bergos wrote:Do you wear Royal Mails footware? I can't be sure but I had been wearing the boots found them to be horrible for day to day walking around, after the problem was sorted I started to wear my own shoes, gel insoles and havn't had the problem return yet.aiden01 wrote:Lucky you now in my 5th yr with it.bergos wrote:Had this last year, didnt have an injection just got told to stay off work till it relaxed itself, took about 2 weeks of hobbiling around.