ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
d2d w/c 30th March
-
olilew
- Posts: 594
- Joined: 19 May 2010, 22:04
- Gender: Male
d2d w/c 30th March
I'm okish to carry on working for now but next week we have been allocated 2 d2d and some sectors in our office have 3. I and my looper are going to refuse to do them on Health and Safety grounds, obviously the fewer addresses we have to go to the better. (Just before anybody jumps on me we are not sharing a van). My question is where do we stand on refusing to do them on H&S grounds?
"Just take it out and see how you go......."
-
DGH
- Posts: 710
- Joined: 13 Dec 2014, 18:04
- Gender: Male
- Location: Neither here nor there
d2d w/c 30th March
What's the H&S reason to refuse to do D2Ds?
I can understand, and fully support, prioritising other mail and packets before D2Ds, but I can't immediately see a reason not to do them on H&S grounds
I can understand, and fully support, prioritising other mail and packets before D2Ds, but I can't immediately see a reason not to do them on H&S grounds
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
d2d w/c 30th March
With only 2 lots I think you're pushing your luck on refusing to do them.
If it were 4-5 lots I'd certainly have an issue due to the extra daily indoor prep time I'd have to spend in close quarters with potentially infected colleagues.
If it were 4-5 lots I'd certainly have an issue due to the extra daily indoor prep time I'd have to spend in close quarters with potentially infected colleagues.
-
matthew68
- Posts: 516
- Joined: 16 Feb 2011, 22:10
- Gender: Male
d2d w/c 30th March
If you’re going to that address anyway what’s the difference. Maybe we can leave some where they’ve had no mail all week?olilew wrote:I'm okish to carry on working for now but next week we have been allocated 2 d2d and some sectors in our office have 3. I and my looper are going to refuse to do them on Health and Safety grounds, obviously the fewer addresses we have to go to the better. (Just before anybody jumps on me we are not sharing a van). My question is where do we stand on refusing to do them on H&S grounds?
-
dazer0070
- Posts: 120
- Joined: 02 Feb 2014, 18:13
- Gender: Male
d2d w/c 30th March
And that is RM stance at the moment. Think you’ll be opening yourself up to conduct issues if you try and refuse on H&S grounds!matthew68 wrote:If you’re going to that address anyway what’s the difference. Maybe we can leave some where they’ve had no mail all week?olilew wrote:I'm okish to carry on working for now but next week we have been allocated 2 d2d and some sectors in our office have 3. I and my looper are going to refuse to do them on Health and Safety grounds, obviously the fewer addresses we have to go to the better. (Just before anybody jumps on me we are not sharing a van). My question is where do we stand on refusing to do them on H&S grounds?
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
d2d w/c 30th March
In terms of weight ie 16 KG is the weight limit for first pouch and the matrix was like 11 kg for each other bag or 5 kg for flats.
-
chickenwittle
- Posts: 2095
- Joined: 15 Nov 2009, 09:43
- Gender: Male
d2d w/c 30th March
We’ve been told only take d2ds to addresses we have mail for .
-
nightcrawler
- Posts: 189
- Joined: 20 Sep 2018, 17:05
- Gender: Male
d2d w/c 30th March
Just do them, work till your time, then cut-off if need be.
-
nickinoneck
- Posts: 110
- Joined: 20 Aug 2010, 15:37
- Gender: Male
d2d w/c 30th March
New instructions from RM today. Prep all d2d in on a Monday and deliver with live mail for that address over the week. Any left in the frame where you haven’t been are to be rolled over into the following week. I kid you not!
-
nightcrawler
- Posts: 189
- Joined: 20 Sep 2018, 17:05
- Gender: Male
d2d w/c 30th March
The only problem with rolling them over to the following week is that some offers/prices etc may have expired. We shouldn’t be doing them at all in this global crisis, there are more important things to worry about.nickinoneck wrote:New instructions from RM today. Prep all d2d in on a Monday and deliver with live mail for that address over the week. Any left in the frame where you haven’t been are to be rolled over into the following week. I kid you not!
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
d2d w/c 30th March
That bald Scottish guy made a comment along those lines the other day. I just thought what the **** is he on about as we mainly deliver the D2D items when an address point has other mail anyway. People at the top literally have no idea how the job is actually completed on a day to day basis.chickenwittle wrote:We’ve been told only take d2ds to addresses we have mail for .
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
d2d w/c 30th March
Is DFS even open?
-
exetererica
- Posts: 152
- Joined: 07 Nov 2010, 11:21
- Gender: Male
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
d2d w/c 30th March
Just looked at their website, no mention of them being closedrambo1 wrote:Is DFS even open?
-
Ashley’s
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 16 May 2018, 18:59
- Gender: Female
d2d w/c 30th March
We were told not to take d2d’s as they are not classed as essential mail!!