ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Ringing in sick

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
ViperF
Posts: 120
Joined: 28 Mar 2019, 10:18
Gender: Male

Ringing in sick

Post by ViperF »

How long before my start time do I need to ring and notify that I’m sick and need to be off.
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1923
Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
Gender: Male

Ringing in sick

Post by IloveMYredTROLLEY! »

ViperF wrote:How long before my start time do I need to ring and notify that I’m sick and need to be off.
As soon as practical, but if you leave message on answer machine, you must ring again later after ~1030 to try to speak to managers.
NWpostie
Posts: 3620
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Ringing in sick

Post by NWpostie »

You can self certify for 7 days.

One thing I'm not sure on is whether you can use the online 111 form to cover a further 7 days ?
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
grchpo
Posts: 488
Joined: 16 Mar 2019, 13:59
Gender: Male

Ringing in sick

Post by grchpo »

NWpostie wrote:You can self certify for 7 days.

One thing I'm not sure on is whether you can use the online 111 form to cover a further 7 days ?
Think you misread the question.
terry2972
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
Gender: Male

Ringing in sick

Post by terry2972 »

I think with the current situation just ring your doctors and I think they will issue one over the phone
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Ringing in sick

Post by Celgar »

Not really a cut off point. For example if you arrive at work and then start feeling sick you would have to go home.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
PostmanBitesDog
Posts: 1428
Joined: 17 Feb 2019, 15:46
Gender: Male

Ringing in sick

Post by PostmanBitesDog »

ViperF wrote:How long before my start time do I need to ring and notify that I’m sick and need to be off.
There's more info here, ViperF: https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... =1&t=92924

And an overview of the Attendance Agreement here: https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/mrm/Att ... ummary.pdf
  • If you’re unable to come to work you need to
    speak to your manager (or their deputy if they’re
    unavailable) or go through the agreed process
    for your unit, as soon as possible. You should
    ideally speak to them before you’re due to be in
    work
    .