ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

EVERYBODY SITTING IN GARDENS warm weather

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
nuns
Posts: 147
Joined: 14 Oct 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

EVERYBODY SITTING IN GARDENS warm weather

Post by nuns »

well this is helping with warm weather , every one in gardens. ok leave near front gate but still they all start chatting to you ffs.
all we gonna do is pass it round everyone
DGH
Posts: 710
Joined: 13 Dec 2014, 18:04
Gender: Male
Location: Neither here nor there

EVERYBODY SITTING IN GARDENS warm weather

Post by DGH »

nuns wrote:well this is helping with warm weather , every one in gardens. ok leave near front gate but still they all start chatting to you ffs.
all we gonna do is pass it round everyone
Just stay a decent distance away from them. It's possible to talk normally at a distance of more than 2m.
mjd24
Posts: 1409
Joined: 11 May 2008, 18:48

EVERYBODY SITTING IN GARDENS warm weather

Post by mjd24 »

If I approach a house and people are in the garden or open the front door, i just walk away and theyll get their mail tomorrow.
hero22
Posts: 593
Joined: 21 Mar 2016, 19:48
Gender: Male

EVERYBODY SITTING IN GARDENS warm weather

Post by hero22 »

mjd24 wrote:If I approach a house and people are in the garden or open the front door, i just walk away and theyll get their mail tomorrow.

been doing that too.
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

EVERYBODY SITTING IN GARDENS warm weather

Post by rambo1 »

hero22 wrote:
mjd24 wrote:If I approach a house and people are in the garden or open the front door, i just walk away and theyll get their mail tomorrow.

been doing that too.
Anyone still try neighbors? I've stopped, even to the regular ones who take for one another. I don't think it's appropriate but have not heard anything official from RM on this matter.
postmandick
Posts: 76
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 19:35
Gender: Male

EVERYBODY SITTING IN GARDENS warm weather

Post by postmandick »

I had a customer who wanted me to hand her the 3 parcels .... i refused and put them down on her footpath ...... she had a melt down ... silly cow ....... i feel a complaint is in the pipeline ..... told my DIM who said ...... stupid cow
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

EVERYBODY SITTING IN GARDENS warm weather

Post by daveyeff »

rambo1 wrote:
hero22 wrote:
mjd24 wrote:If I approach a house and people are in the garden or open the front door, i just walk away and theyll get their mail tomorrow.

been doing that too.
Anyone still try neighbors? I've stopped, even to the regular ones who take for one another. I don't think it's appropriate but have not heard anything official from RM on this matter.
i never do anyway. :nervous
joewyan
Posts: 382
Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
Gender: Male

EVERYBODY SITTING IN GARDENS warm weather

Post by joewyan »

rambo1 wrote:
hero22 wrote:
mjd24 wrote:If I approach a house and people are in the garden or open the front door, i just walk away and theyll get their mail tomorrow.

been doing that too.
Anyone still try neighbors? I've stopped, even to the regular ones who take for one another. I don't think it's appropriate but have not heard anything official from RM on this matter.
Shouldn’t be trying neighbours currently.
Janet Brum
Posts: 886
Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
Gender: Female

EVERYBODY SITTING IN GARDENS warm weather

Post by Janet Brum »

postmandick wrote:I had a customer who wanted me to hand her the 3 parcels .... i refused and put them down on her footpath ...... she had a melt down ... silly cow ....... i feel a complaint is in the pipeline ..... told my DIM who said ...... stupid cow
I had few of those the past few days, plus neighbours offering to take parcels in, mostly elderly...

I told them we have to keep our distance and no parcels left with neighbours as the risks are too high, I got the looks, I`m the big bad wolf...

Lots of people don`t realise the gravity of the situation yet...
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16700
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

EVERYBODY SITTING IN GARDENS warm weather

Post by clashcityrocker »

nuns wrote:well this is helping with warm weather , every one in gardens.
With their dogs out.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
bmccoll
Posts: 190
Joined: 21 Sep 2015, 22:19
Gender: Male

EVERYBODY SITTING IN GARDENS warm weather

Post by bmccoll »

rambo1 wrote: Anyone still try neighbors? I've stopped, even to the regular ones who take for one another. I don't think it's appropriate but have not heard anything official from RM on this matter.
I now don't try neighbours, they are all "self isolating". I take it they don't talk to their neighbours now.
yubin282
Posts: 993
Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
Gender: Male

EVERYBODY SITTING IN GARDENS warm weather

Post by yubin282 »

I have an old folks home on my round each with individual delivery points. Went there yesterday theres about 10 of them all sitting in community room. CRAZY.