ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Lapsing?
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2057
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Lapsing?
Seriously?? How many off sick in Your place? There’s no chance of lapsing in our office it’s too heavy !!!luddite wrote:Should we be told to lapse because we are short of staff due to CV19? I know CWU stated no more van sharing but didn't they say no lapsing also?
Personally I dont want to go to anymore doors than I have to!
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Lapsing?
Thats not lapsing. Call it what you like, 'helping out' maybe, but it's not lapsing.luddite wrote:Should we be told to lapse because we are short of staff due to CV19?
Lapsing is taking out a part of another duty to take you to your finish time, on 'easier' days.
They can ask you to take out some of another duty for any reason they like, but you can say no if it takes you over your time.
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Lapsing?
I'm currently swapping between mornings and afternoons and am doing bits if I'm on in the afternoon. Everything is prepped and ready to go so I lose the indoor work, can complete my walk in around 2:15 on my own so can't really refuse and given the staff shortages am happy to help out currently.
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Lapsing?
We don't have part or full time delivery. Part timers start at 8:05 and you full prep whatever duty you're on. Full timers either sort or full prep lapsed or overtime walks; if they're off the sorting before 8:05 they're forced to take their break so everybody starts prepping their walk at the same time. Last resign was four years ago. 2:15 is a quiet day to be fair, upto an hour more on busier days. Walks are far easier alone.Postie45 wrote:Is it a part time delivery ? Have you ever had a revision ?Seymour Buts wrote:Everything is prepped and ready to go so I lose the indoor work, can complete my walk in around 2:15 on my own.
-
mjd24
- Posts: 1409
- Joined: 11 May 2008, 18:48
Lapsing?
Up to 3 hours 15 on busier days?! Wow, im shocked by that, if we ever do a walk in under 4 its seen as a major achievement!!!Seymour Buts wrote:We don't have part or full time delivery. Part timers start at 8:05 and you full prep whatever duty you're on. Full timers either sort or full prep lapsed or overtime walks; if they're off the sorting before 8:05 they're forced to take their break so everybody starts prepping their walk at the same time. Last resign was four years ago. 2:15 is a quiet day to be fair, upto an hour more on busier days. Walks are far easier alone.Postie45 wrote:Is it a part time delivery ? Have you ever had a revision ?Seymour Buts wrote:Everything is prepped and ready to go so I lose the indoor work, can complete my walk in around 2:15 on my own.
-
citypostie
- Posts: 895
- Joined: 08 Apr 2009, 19:42
- Gender: Male
Lapsing?
Sounds like you got a good round! I've got 7 loops on mine and the first one takes 35-40 mins on an easy day and an hour on a busier day and that's without a trolleySeymour Buts wrote:I'm currently swapping between mornings and afternoons and am doing bits if I'm on in the afternoon. Everything is prepped and ready to go so I lose the indoor work, can complete my walk in around 2:15 on my own so can't really refuse and given the staff shortages am happy to help out currently.
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Lapsing?
citypostie wrote:It's heavy, but okayish. 550 drops. As I say, any walk works better alone in my opinion. Today was the worst day of the week to be fair.Seymour Buts wrote:I'm currently swapping between mornings and afternoons and am doing bits if I'm on in the afternoon. Everything is prepped and ready to go so I lose the indoor work, can complete my walk in around 2:15 on my own so can't really refuse and given the staff shortages am happy to help out currently.
Sounds like you got a good round! I've got 7 loops on mine and the first one takes 35-40 mins on an easy day and an hour on a busier day and that's without a trolley
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Lapsing?
He might have meant 2.15 as in finished by 14.15 duty time as opposed to completing in two hours fifteen minutes.NewPostieUK wrote:Blinking flip. I've never done my in less than 5 hours.Seymour Buts wrote: can complete my walk in around 2:15 on my own
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.