ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Lapsing?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
luddite
Posts: 451
Joined: 06 May 2008, 20:24

Lapsing?

Post by luddite »

Should we be told to lapse because we are short of staff due to CV19? I know CWU stated no more van sharing but didn't they say no lapsing also?
Personally I dont want to go to anymore doors than I have to!
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Lapsing?

Post by Postie45 »

How do you still have time for lapsing? Slow down
scoobydo79
Posts: 2057
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

Lapsing?

Post by scoobydo79 »

luddite wrote:Should we be told to lapse because we are short of staff due to CV19? I know CWU stated no more van sharing but didn't they say no lapsing also?
Personally I dont want to go to anymore doors than I have to!
Seriously?? How many off sick in Your place? There’s no chance of lapsing in our office it’s too heavy !!!
luddite
Posts: 451
Joined: 06 May 2008, 20:24

Lapsing?

Post by luddite »

No sorry, we don't have time, asked to help out in this crisis.
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Lapsing?

Post by Bahia Feliz »

We've been asked/told to take absorption/lapsing and leave some of our own delivery,then rotate the following day.
frankieboy
Posts: 303
Joined: 12 May 2008, 18:34

Lapsing?

Post by frankieboy »

Just refuse, what's more important to you, you're health, you're families health, or working for a company that doesn't give a monkeys about you just their own pockets.
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Lapsing?

Post by NewPostieUK »

luddite wrote:Should we be told to lapse because we are short of staff due to CV19?
Thats not lapsing. Call it what you like, 'helping out' maybe, but it's not lapsing.

Lapsing is taking out a part of another duty to take you to your finish time, on 'easier' days.

They can ask you to take out some of another duty for any reason they like, but you can say no if it takes you over your time.
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Lapsing?

Post by Seymour Buts »

I'm currently swapping between mornings and afternoons and am doing bits if I'm on in the afternoon. Everything is prepped and ready to go so I lose the indoor work, can complete my walk in around 2:15 on my own so can't really refuse and given the staff shortages am happy to help out currently.
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Lapsing?

Post by Postie45 »

Seymour Buts wrote:Everything is prepped and ready to go so I lose the indoor work, can complete my walk in around 2:15 on my own.
Is it a part time delivery ? Have you ever had a revision ?
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Lapsing?

Post by Seymour Buts »

Postie45 wrote:
Seymour Buts wrote:Everything is prepped and ready to go so I lose the indoor work, can complete my walk in around 2:15 on my own.
Is it a part time delivery ? Have you ever had a revision ?
We don't have part or full time delivery. Part timers start at 8:05 and you full prep whatever duty you're on. Full timers either sort or full prep lapsed or overtime walks; if they're off the sorting before 8:05 they're forced to take their break so everybody starts prepping their walk at the same time. Last resign was four years ago. 2:15 is a quiet day to be fair, upto an hour more on busier days. Walks are far easier alone.
mjd24
Posts: 1409
Joined: 11 May 2008, 18:48

Lapsing?

Post by mjd24 »

Seymour Buts wrote:
Postie45 wrote:
Seymour Buts wrote:Everything is prepped and ready to go so I lose the indoor work, can complete my walk in around 2:15 on my own.
Is it a part time delivery ? Have you ever had a revision ?
We don't have part or full time delivery. Part timers start at 8:05 and you full prep whatever duty you're on. Full timers either sort or full prep lapsed or overtime walks; if they're off the sorting before 8:05 they're forced to take their break so everybody starts prepping their walk at the same time. Last resign was four years ago. 2:15 is a quiet day to be fair, upto an hour more on busier days. Walks are far easier alone.
Up to 3 hours 15 on busier days?! Wow, im shocked by that, if we ever do a walk in under 4 its seen as a major achievement!!!
citypostie
Posts: 895
Joined: 08 Apr 2009, 19:42
Gender: Male

Lapsing?

Post by citypostie »

Seymour Buts wrote:I'm currently swapping between mornings and afternoons and am doing bits if I'm on in the afternoon. Everything is prepped and ready to go so I lose the indoor work, can complete my walk in around 2:15 on my own so can't really refuse and given the staff shortages am happy to help out currently.
Sounds like you got a good round! I've got 7 loops on mine and the first one takes 35-40 mins on an easy day and an hour on a busier day and that's without a trolley
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Lapsing?

Post by Seymour Buts »

citypostie wrote:
Seymour Buts wrote:I'm currently swapping between mornings and afternoons and am doing bits if I'm on in the afternoon. Everything is prepped and ready to go so I lose the indoor work, can complete my walk in around 2:15 on my own so can't really refuse and given the staff shortages am happy to help out currently.
It's heavy, but okayish. 550 drops. As I say, any walk works better alone in my opinion. Today was the worst day of the week to be fair.
Sounds like you got a good round! I've got 7 loops on mine and the first one takes 35-40 mins on an easy day and an hour on a busier day and that's without a trolley
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Lapsing?

Post by NewPostieUK »

Seymour Buts wrote: can complete my walk in around 2:15 on my own
Blinking flip. I've never done my in less than 5 hours.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Lapsing?

Post by Celgar »

NewPostieUK wrote:
Seymour Buts wrote: can complete my walk in around 2:15 on my own
Blinking flip. I've never done my in less than 5 hours.
He might have meant 2.15 as in finished by 14.15 duty time as opposed to completing in two hours fifteen minutes.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.