ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Would this get me in trouble
-
frankieboy
- Posts: 303
- Joined: 12 May 2008, 18:34
Would this get me in trouble
I've done the same walk for over 10 years and have got to know my customers really well, especially the elderly. Today I've spoken to some elderly customers through the window (some look petrified at what's to come), asked them if they are ok and if they need anything i.e.: groceries to give me a call and slipped my mobile number through the door. If I were to get them some groceries and deliver them on my walk during duty time would this land me in hot water?
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3221
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
Would this get me in trouble
Well it seems Royal Mail love the pr when it suits them
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-51959580" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I wouldnt advise it personally as you are putting yourself and them at risk
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-51959580" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I wouldnt advise it personally as you are putting yourself and them at risk
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2036
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Would this get me in trouble
I got a pull last week by my line manager for going off route, I had nipped to Tesco for some bread before I started my round, must have been the tracker in the van or PDA that tips them off?
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3728
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Would this get me in trouble
Yeah, the Trimble device in the wagon that bleeps at you pointlessly and the PDA can both track you.twoloops wrote:I got a pull last week by my line manager for going off route, I had nipped to Tesco for some bread before I started my round, must have been the tracker in the van or PDA that tips them off?
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Would this get me in trouble
twoloops wrote:I got a pull last week by my line manager for going off route, I had nipped to Tesco for some bread before I started my round, must have been the tracker in the van or PDA that tips them off?
Are there any public toilets on your round?
If not you went off route to use the toilets in Tescos.
-
sindba
- Posts: 1456
- Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 20:27
- Gender: Male
Would this get me in trouble
In normal times, maybe.frankieboy wrote:I've done the same walk for over 10 years and have got to know my customers really well, especially the elderly. Today I've spoken to some elderly customers through the window (some look petrified at what's to come), asked them if they are ok and if they need anything i.e.: groceries to give me a call and slipped my mobile number through the door. If I were to get them some groceries and deliver them on my walk during duty time would this land me in hot water?
At the moment, I very much doubt it. No manager would be psycophathic enough to give you more than a quick word in these circumstances. But I can't guarantee that!
Personally, I'm doing similar things and will damn well carry on and argue my corner. The nation's effectively at war ffs.
-
vinny79
- Posts: 48
- Joined: 21 Mar 2020, 18:55
- Gender: Male
Would this get me in trouble
If you are buying the groceries in your own motor, then dropping them off as you deliver you post I see no issue? The time spent with them would be classed as a break.
The only way you would be sprung is if you had an accident and the screws found a load of tesco bags and apples strewn over the road.
In all seriousness ask your gaffer in private if he would have an issue you dropping off some groceries to a customer.
There are some decent ones out there
The only way you would be sprung is if you had an accident and the screws found a load of tesco bags and apples strewn over the road.
In all seriousness ask your gaffer in private if he would have an issue you dropping off some groceries to a customer.
There are some decent ones out there
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Would this get me in trouble
People are dying and managers are pulling people for going off route ffs
-
picture123
- Posts: 121
- Joined: 22 Oct 2014, 20:42
- Gender: Male
Would this get me in trouble
I sincerely doubt it would get you in trouble, these are exceptional times
-
Marshamp11
- Posts: 437
- Joined: 06 Aug 2018, 16:38
- Gender: Male
Would this get me in trouble
Yeah its great isn't it. Start work before shops open then by the time we finish there is F#@& all left to buy when they are open. Thats the perk of being a "Key Worker" I suppose.twoloops wrote:I got a pull last week by my line manager for going off route, I had nipped to Tesco for some bread before I started my round, must have been the tracker in the van or PDA that tips them off?
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Would this get me in trouble
Both.twoloops wrote:I got a pull last week by my line manager for going off route, I had nipped to Tesco for some bread before I started my round, must have been the tracker in the van or PDA that tips them off?