ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Public appreciation
-
chickenwittle
- Posts: 2095
- Joined: 15 Nov 2009, 09:43
- Gender: Male
Public appreciation
Really starting to notice this last few days , plenty saying keep safe and thanks for your efforts .Not everyone though still getting the odd funny look when parcel is left on their doorstep and I’m stood at front gate.
-
Murdoch
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 572
- Joined: 11 Apr 2018, 16:55
- Gender: Male
Public appreciation
I've noticed this too.chickenwittle wrote:Really starting to notice this last few days , plenty saying keep safe and thanks for your efforts .Not everyone though still getting the odd funny look when parcel is left on their doorstep and I’m stood at front gate.
But it really will mean very little when the letters drop off a cliff due to coronavirus, and Royal Mail can use that excuse to push ahead with their plan to streamline us into just another parcel courier company.
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Public appreciation
When I pulled into the long driveway of a big houses the other day a woman ran out of the house swept her kid up into her arms ran back inside and shut the door behind her... I didn't take it personally, I'm sure she appreciates the efforts we're going to really!
-
hero22
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Mar 2016, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Public appreciation
Had a woman today bang the window and pointing like a maniac to leave parcel at door. Hopefully she cant lip read or I might be in bother on Monday lol
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Public appreciation
hero22 wrote:Had a woman today bang the window and pointing like a maniac to leave parcel at door. Hopefully she cant lip read or I might be in bother on Monday lol
-
luddite
- Posts: 451
- Joined: 06 May 2008, 20:24
Public appreciation
Most of the people today have wished me all the best and to be careful. They have all been STUNNED that we have not been issued with hand sanitiser and wipes! I given some today by a lady who was genuinely concern for my welfare. Rico? Do you even care?
-
exetererica
- Posts: 152
- Joined: 07 Nov 2010, 11:21
- Gender: Male
-
????????????????
Public appreciation
If you get your facts right soap and water are just as good as hand sinister. Just wash yours hands correctly not hard.luddite wrote:Most of the people today have wished me all the best and to be careful. They have all been STUNNED that we have not been issued with hand sanitiser and wipes! I given some today by a lady who was genuinely concern for my welfare. Rico? Do you even care?
-
grchpo
- Posts: 488
- Joined: 16 Mar 2019, 13:59
- Gender: Male
Public appreciation
???????????????? wrote:If you get your facts right soap and water are just as good as hand sinister. Just wash yours hands correctly not hard.luddite wrote:Most of the people today have wished me all the best and to be careful. They have all been STUNNED that we have not been issued with hand sanitiser and wipes! I given some today by a lady who was genuinely concern for my welfare. Rico? Do you even care?
How do you wash your hands when out on a rural route, you have to use sanitizer.
-
smartecosse
- Posts: 131
- Joined: 29 Jan 2019, 18:01
- Gender: Male
Public appreciation
And how do you do that on your rounds where there are no toilet facilities????????????????? wrote:If you get your facts right soap and water are just as good as hand sinister. Just wash yours hands correctly not hard.luddite wrote:Most of the people today have wished me all the best and to be careful. They have all been STUNNED that we have not been issued with hand sanitiser and wipes! I given some today by a lady who was genuinely concern for my welfare. Rico? Do you even care?
Ask someone if you can just nip and use their sink for a few moments and then dry your hands on their towel?
-
luddite
- Posts: 451
- Joined: 06 May 2008, 20:24
Public appreciation
If your going to troll at least learn to spell!! Hand sinister!!!???????????????? wrote:If you get your facts right soap and water are just as good as hand sinister. Just wash yours hands correctly not hard.luddite wrote:Most of the people today have wished me all the best and to be careful. They have all been STUNNED that we have not been issued with hand sanitiser and wipes! I given some today by a lady who was genuinely concern for my welfare. Rico? Do you even care?
-
Tinoblade
- Posts: 252
- Joined: 13 Jan 2018, 19:51
- Gender: Male
Public appreciation
Can't imagine how hard it must be on a rural. I normally have plenty of opportunities to use a toilet and wash my hands. But now all the places I had before are closed due to the virus. I nearly s**t myself todaygrchpo wrote:???????????????? wrote:If you get your facts right soap and water are just as good as hand sinister. Just wash yours hands correctly not hard.luddite wrote:Most of the people today have wished me all the best and to be careful. They have all been STUNNED that we have not been issued with hand sanitiser and wipes! I given some today by a lady who was genuinely concern for my welfare. Rico? Do you even care?
How do you wash your hands when out on a rural route, you have to use sanitizer.
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Public appreciation
Yes have to say my rural customers as ever appreciate my efforts,and as expected guidance and concern from above sadly lacking,policies in place but will no doubt be ditched once the workforce becomes depleted,they will no doubt take the glory in continuing to get the mail delivered,by whatever pressure and bullying tactics that they are well known for,stay safe my friends
-
afcdibby
- PARCELFORCE
- Posts: 89
- Joined: 26 Mar 2015, 20:58
- Gender: Male
Public appreciation
Some maybe, but certainly not all.exetererica wrote:The public don't give a toss about us, the only thing they care about is their irrelevant parcels.
-
joewyan
- Posts: 382
- Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
- Gender: Male
Public appreciation
I’m sure there may be some like that but the vast majority of people I have spoken to this week (from a distance of course) have been very appreciativeexetererica wrote:The public don't give a toss about us, the only thing they care about is their irrelevant parcels.