ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Public appreciation

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
chickenwittle
Posts: 2095
Joined: 15 Nov 2009, 09:43
Gender: Male

Public appreciation

Post by chickenwittle »

Really starting to notice this last few days , plenty saying keep safe and thanks for your efforts .Not everyone though still getting the odd funny look when parcel is left on their doorstep and I’m stood at front gate.
Murdoch
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 572
Joined: 11 Apr 2018, 16:55
Gender: Male

Public appreciation

Post by Murdoch »

chickenwittle wrote:Really starting to notice this last few days , plenty saying keep safe and thanks for your efforts .Not everyone though still getting the odd funny look when parcel is left on their doorstep and I’m stood at front gate.
I've noticed this too.

But it really will mean very little when the letters drop off a cliff due to coronavirus, and Royal Mail can use that excuse to push ahead with their plan to streamline us into just another parcel courier company.
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Public appreciation

Post by wacko74 »

When I pulled into the long driveway of a big houses the other day a woman ran out of the house swept her kid up into her arms ran back inside and shut the door behind her... I didn't take it personally, I'm sure she appreciates the efforts we're going to really!
hero22
Posts: 593
Joined: 21 Mar 2016, 19:48
Gender: Male

Public appreciation

Post by hero22 »

Had a woman today bang the window and pointing like a maniac to leave parcel at door. Hopefully she cant lip read or I might be in bother on Monday lol
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Public appreciation

Post by aiden01 »

hero22 wrote:Had a woman today bang the window and pointing like a maniac to leave parcel at door. Hopefully she cant lip read or I might be in bother on Monday lol
:Very Happy :Very Happy
luddite
Posts: 451
Joined: 06 May 2008, 20:24

Public appreciation

Post by luddite »

Most of the people today have wished me all the best and to be careful. They have all been STUNNED that we have not been issued with hand sanitiser and wipes! I given some today by a lady who was genuinely concern for my welfare. Rico? Do you even care?
exetererica
Posts: 152
Joined: 07 Nov 2010, 11:21
Gender: Male

Public appreciation

Post by exetererica »

.
Last edited by exetererica on 22 Apr 2020, 14:31, edited 1 time in total.
????????????????

Public appreciation

Post by ???????????????? »

luddite wrote:Most of the people today have wished me all the best and to be careful. They have all been STUNNED that we have not been issued with hand sanitiser and wipes! I given some today by a lady who was genuinely concern for my welfare. Rico? Do you even care?
If you get your facts right soap and water are just as good as hand sinister. Just wash yours hands correctly not hard.
grchpo
Posts: 488
Joined: 16 Mar 2019, 13:59
Gender: Male

Public appreciation

Post by grchpo »

???????????????? wrote:
luddite wrote:Most of the people today have wished me all the best and to be careful. They have all been STUNNED that we have not been issued with hand sanitiser and wipes! I given some today by a lady who was genuinely concern for my welfare. Rico? Do you even care?
If you get your facts right soap and water are just as good as hand sinister. Just wash yours hands correctly not hard.

How do you wash your hands when out on a rural route, you have to use sanitizer.
smartecosse
Posts: 131
Joined: 29 Jan 2019, 18:01
Gender: Male

Public appreciation

Post by smartecosse »

???????????????? wrote:
luddite wrote:Most of the people today have wished me all the best and to be careful. They have all been STUNNED that we have not been issued with hand sanitiser and wipes! I given some today by a lady who was genuinely concern for my welfare. Rico? Do you even care?
If you get your facts right soap and water are just as good as hand sinister. Just wash yours hands correctly not hard.
And how do you do that on your rounds where there are no toilet facilities?

Ask someone if you can just nip and use their sink for a few moments and then dry your hands on their towel?
luddite
Posts: 451
Joined: 06 May 2008, 20:24

Public appreciation

Post by luddite »

???????????????? wrote:
luddite wrote:Most of the people today have wished me all the best and to be careful. They have all been STUNNED that we have not been issued with hand sanitiser and wipes! I given some today by a lady who was genuinely concern for my welfare. Rico? Do you even care?
If you get your facts right soap and water are just as good as hand sinister. Just wash yours hands correctly not hard.
If your going to troll at least learn to spell!! Hand sinister!!! :crazy:
Tinoblade
Posts: 252
Joined: 13 Jan 2018, 19:51
Gender: Male

Public appreciation

Post by Tinoblade »

grchpo wrote:
???????????????? wrote:
luddite wrote:Most of the people today have wished me all the best and to be careful. They have all been STUNNED that we have not been issued with hand sanitiser and wipes! I given some today by a lady who was genuinely concern for my welfare. Rico? Do you even care?
If you get your facts right soap and water are just as good as hand sinister. Just wash yours hands correctly not hard.

How do you wash your hands when out on a rural route, you have to use sanitizer.
Can't imagine how hard it must be on a rural. I normally have plenty of opportunities to use a toilet and wash my hands. But now all the places I had before are closed due to the virus. I nearly s**t myself today
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Public appreciation

Post by robbertwhitton »

Yes have to say my rural customers as ever appreciate my efforts,and as expected guidance and concern from above sadly lacking,policies in place but will no doubt be ditched once the workforce becomes depleted,they will no doubt take the glory in continuing to get the mail delivered,by whatever pressure and bullying tactics that they are well known for,stay safe my friends
afcdibby
PARCELFORCE
Posts: 89
Joined: 26 Mar 2015, 20:58
Gender: Male

Public appreciation

Post by afcdibby »

exetererica wrote:The public don't give a toss about us, the only thing they care about is their irrelevant parcels.
Some maybe, but certainly not all.
joewyan
Posts: 382
Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
Gender: Male

Public appreciation

Post by joewyan »

exetererica wrote:The public don't give a toss about us, the only thing they care about is their irrelevant parcels.
I’m sure there may be some like that but the vast majority of people I have spoken to this week (from a distance of course) have been very appreciative