ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

IHR -if not ill

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
stodgy88
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 641
Joined: 14 Nov 2008, 20:11
Gender: Male

IHR -if not ill

Post by stodgy88 »

Can IHR be offered if you are not sick,seems a unusual question I suppose ,but ive asked for a reason.
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

IHR -if not ill

Post by Postie45 »

No
stodgy88
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 641
Joined: 14 Nov 2008, 20:11
Gender: Male

IHR -if not ill

Post by stodgy88 »

thanks a friend at a northern delivery office said that delivery staff who had shown a interest in VR where invited to a meeting and offered IHR ,but the people he knew were able bodied,now it sound a bit sketchy,,but friend very reliable and certain this happened
cockneyrebel
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 117
Joined: 08 Nov 2017, 13:54
Gender: Male

IHR -if not ill

Post by cockneyrebel »

Stodgy it is true I been offered IHR twice recently -I had issues re body/operations in last couple of years
But fine now !! working normally -but I really considering it as I don't feel I will survive another 3 years without more issues
As I feel all us older guys, going to get injuries/ailments re the physicality of the job now
stodgy88
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 641
Joined: 14 Nov 2008, 20:11
Gender: Male

IHR -if not ill

Post by stodgy88 »

thanks a friend at a northern delivery office said that delivery staff who had shown a interest in VR where invited to a meeting and offered IHR,think the new tactic is to get people to leave on about 50% IHR----of the VR payment (maximum 104 weeks )by classing struggling to do the job as a legitimate excuse .
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

IHR -if not ill

Post by Postie45 »

right but theyll manage it to say "Mr Smiths bad back / knee / foot / etc" caused him too much problems to be able to do the work required. It wont be IHR for no medical reason, theyll have to find something even if they have to massage the truth.
stodgy88
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 641
Joined: 14 Nov 2008, 20:11
Gender: Male

IHR -if not ill

Post by stodgy88 »

yes ,big scam, if im offered it they can forget it, if everyone refuses it they will have to up it to VR if they get desperate to get rid of people.