ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Came back from Tenerife advise.
-
postiewhite
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 18:38
- Gender: Male
Came back from Tenerife advise.
Last night I came back from a week in Tenerife, the last day they were installing a lockdown but we managed to get home although our flight was delayed so I text my manager and they gave me today off instead of Tuesday.
Now I wasnt sure if I was supposed to self isolate but two days ago I read that Spain is not a high catagory for self isolation but if I eas coming back from North Italy, China or Iran then self Isolation os a must. Today I have read that if anyone is coming back from a country of restriction then they must self isolate.
Can anyone tell me what im supposed to do or if I should get advise within Royal Mail? I feel fine, I cant say ive been in contact with anyone with Covid 19 as I dont know. I know Tenerife Airport was massively busy and a few coughing on the plane on the way home but the virus cases are low in Tenerife.
Now I wasnt sure if I was supposed to self isolate but two days ago I read that Spain is not a high catagory for self isolation but if I eas coming back from North Italy, China or Iran then self Isolation os a must. Today I have read that if anyone is coming back from a country of restriction then they must self isolate.
Can anyone tell me what im supposed to do or if I should get advise within Royal Mail? I feel fine, I cant say ive been in contact with anyone with Covid 19 as I dont know. I know Tenerife Airport was massively busy and a few coughing on the plane on the way home but the virus cases are low in Tenerife.
-
JohnsonJohnson
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 12 Sep 2019, 19:30
- Gender: Male
Came back from Tenerife advise.
It's all a scam, I wouldn't worry and crack on as normal.
-
mr hil.
- Posts: 424
- Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 18:22
- Gender: Male
Came back from Tenerife advise.
Do the NHS online assessment or ring 111 for advice
-
ssdd
- Posts: 2053
- Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
- Gender: Male
Came back from Tenerife advise.
If you haven't already, read this article and make up your own mind:
https://www.itv.com/news/channel/2020-0 ... isolation/
https://www.itv.com/news/channel/2020-0 ... isolation/
-
postiewhite
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 18:38
- Gender: Male
Came back from Tenerife advise.
Askked a few people on a tenerife forum and some have gone back to work and some have had their employers send them home to self isolate. Its all about company policy or views on the matter.
-
ssdd
- Posts: 2053
- Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
- Gender: Male
Came back from Tenerife advise.
The thing is, if you don't have any symptoms then you're fit for work right?
But how do you know that you haven't already contracted it, and will start to see symptoms in the next few days?
Equally, that could apply to any of us, already here in the UK that haven't been abroad.
And do we really know if we can still spread the virus in the initial stages of contracting it, without showing symptoms?
Tough call, but given the current situation with Spain, and the timing, I would be inclined to self-isolate for the 7 days at least. Especially as you mentioned other people were coughing on the flight...
But how do you know that you haven't already contracted it, and will start to see symptoms in the next few days?
Equally, that could apply to any of us, already here in the UK that haven't been abroad.
And do we really know if we can still spread the virus in the initial stages of contracting it, without showing symptoms?
Tough call, but given the current situation with Spain, and the timing, I would be inclined to self-isolate for the 7 days at least. Especially as you mentioned other people were coughing on the flight...
-
postiewhite
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 18:38
- Gender: Male
Came back from Tenerife advise.
It is a tricky one. If I self isolate will they understand the situation, they know ive been on a flight from Tenerife or do I go in and let them send me home if they think im a risk ( with the coughing on the plane)?
-
miles_peters
- Posts: 298
- Joined: 19 Jul 2014, 12:29
- Gender: Male
Came back from Tenerife advise.
whats a scam?JohnsonJohnson wrote:It's all a scam, I wouldn't worry and crack on as normal.
-
ssdd
- Posts: 2053
- Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
- Gender: Male
Came back from Tenerife advise.
I'm not a manager, but if I was running the office where you are and you told me you'd just came back from a known hotspot, I would be sending you home for 7 days. What if they allow you to carry on working and you start to develop symptoms?postiewhite wrote:It is a tricky one. If I self isolate will they understand the situation, they know ive been on a flight from Tenerife or do I go in and let them send me home if they think im a risk ( with the coughing on the plane)?
Here's another recent article to consider:
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/14/health/c ... index.html
-
sorefeet17
- Posts: 299
- Joined: 11 May 2015, 17:10
- Gender: Male
Came back from Tenerife advise.
The Canaries although in lockdown 'now' don't have that many cases of the Coronavirus at all unlike parts of mainland Spain, Madrid in particular, so I would say go to work as you would be unlikely to be infected, but it's your call.
-
smartecosse
- Posts: 131
- Joined: 29 Jan 2019, 18:01
- Gender: Male
Came back from Tenerife advise.
Yes a world wide pandemic is a scam to boost toilet paper sales.JohnsonJohnson wrote:It's all a scam, I wouldn't worry and crack on as normal.
If you seriously think it's a scam you really do need to educate yourself
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Came back from Tenerife advise.
Obviously on the crack with that statement.smartecosse wrote:Yes a world wide pandemic is a scam to boost toilet paper sales.JohnsonJohnson wrote:It's all a scam, I wouldn't worry and crack on as normal.
If you seriously think it's a scam you really do need to educate yourself
-
hero22
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Mar 2016, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Came back from Tenerife advise.
JohnsonJohnson wrote:It's all a scam, I wouldn't worry and crack on as normal.
The 6500 dead aren't really dead ?
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Came back from Tenerife advise.
I would say check if your temperature is 37 or 38 degrees centigrade. The latter is meant to indicate fever.
Contact the 111 number or the Foreign Office to determine what the best advice is about returning from Tenerife.
I think the main worry was about Italy but it may be that Spain also falls under the isolation advice.
Wouldn't be good to pass it on to your workmates etc.
Contact the 111 number or the Foreign Office to determine what the best advice is about returning from Tenerife.
I think the main worry was about Italy but it may be that Spain also falls under the isolation advice.
Wouldn't be good to pass it on to your workmates etc.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.