ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
The Mail is down
-
Warriorpostie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 118
- Joined: 23 Jan 2018, 17:01
- Gender: Male
The Mail is down
I’ve been with the company over ten years now, from the first week I started I’ve been hearing this phrase “the Mail is down” letters are on the decline etc... still every week 4-5 days a week we get hammered with letter volumes, flats, junk mail etc.... who does Royal Mail think they are kidding with the latest propaganda? 
-
yubin282
- Posts: 993
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
- Gender: Male
The Mail is down
They've been saying this since 2004 when i started, so by now i should only be delivering about 150 items of mail per day.
-
cpsteve
- Posts: 699
- Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
- Gender: Male
The Mail is down
Its not propaganda mail has dropped big time and they have the data from the sorting machines to back it up.Warriorpostie wrote:I’ve been with the company over ten years now, from the first week I started I’ve been hearing this phrase “the Mail is down” letters are on the decline etc... still every week 4-5 days a week we get hammered with letter volumes, flats, junk mail etc.... who does Royal Mail think they are kidding with the latest propaganda?
-
smartecosse
- Posts: 131
- Joined: 29 Jan 2019, 18:01
- Gender: Male
The Mail is down
Definitely down where we are....
Other than the odd day it's like Tuesdays all week.
Other than the odd day it's like Tuesdays all week.
-
ihatedogs
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 547
- Joined: 03 Nov 2010, 18:53
- Gender: Male
The Mail is down
I agree with this, but I'd like to see the mail figures divided by number of postie's.cpsteve wrote:Its not propaganda mail has dropped big time and they have the data from the sorting machines to back it up.Warriorpostie wrote:I’ve been with the company over ten years now, from the first week I started I’ve been hearing this phrase “the Mail is down” letters are on the decline etc... still every week 4-5 days a week we get hammered with letter volumes, flats, junk mail etc.... who does Royal Mail think they are kidding with the latest propaganda?
In my office we had a rotating day/night shift, now it's just days, leavers aren't replaced etc etc.
I think it's accepted we're delivering more per postie these days.
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
The Mail is down
The problem for RM is the decline in letters is not proportionate to the decline in labour costs.
Eg: delivering ten letters through one door takes longer than if it were just one letter through that door; but it doesn’t take ten times as long.
Eg: delivering ten letters through one door takes longer than if it were just one letter through that door; but it doesn’t take ten times as long.
-
cpsteve
- Posts: 699
- Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
- Gender: Male
The Mail is down
The drop in packets has meant most of my office is finishing early some as much as two hours the sooner the virus and flooding is over with the better i am sure its hitting a lot of companies. With so many new builds being flats with outside boxes letters take no time its only packets that take the time.ihatedogs wrote:I agree with this, but I'd like to see the mail figures divided by number of postie's.cpsteve wrote:Its not propaganda mail has dropped big time and they have the data from the sorting machines to back it up.Warriorpostie wrote:I’ve been with the company over ten years now, from the first week I started I’ve been hearing this phrase “the Mail is down” letters are on the decline etc... still every week 4-5 days a week we get hammered with letter volumes, flats, junk mail etc.... who does Royal Mail think they are kidding with the latest propaganda?
In my office we had a rotating day/night shift, now it's just days, leavers aren't replaced etc etc.
I think it's accepted we're delivering more per postie these days.
-
Warriorpostie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 118
- Joined: 23 Jan 2018, 17:01
- Gender: Male
The Mail is down
I can only speak from personal experience & I know perhaps all offices are different in terms of Mail volumes. I haven’t seen as big a decline in letters as Royal Mail would lead me to believe. I too would like to see their PROPER mail figures, are they taking into account all the rubbish we deliver each day or are their figures purely based on stamped letters lifted at mail boxes?
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
The Mail is down
for a long long time RM stated they were down and getting less, and we all knew they were bullshitting us, but now, especially this last couple of years, it is most definitely the case. and I for one would be one of the first to say if I thought it wasn't true. but anyone can see it today for what it is. its definitely down good style.
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
The Mail is down
I had to book 30mins extended today (solely down to absorption) Would have been dead on time otherwise 06.36-14.14 rural delivery.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
The Mail is down
15 mins before our time today and that's with 3 sets of D2Ds and lapsing.
-
norris9
- Posts: 2696
- Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
- Gender: Female
The Mail is down
Lets get the mail up....... everyone sign up to receive loads of junk letters and get paper bank statements.
-
ssdd
- Posts: 2053
- Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
- Gender: Male
The Mail is down
The mail may have dropped a bit in recent years. Is it as much as RM claim? Well given the track record for 'producing' figures I doubt it.
Thing is, I don't seem to be going to much less doors with at least some piece of mail, and with extra packets, door chaps and scanning, it certainly isn't taking me any less time to do my duty.
Anyway, here's Polly, one of Rico's 200 'Ambassadors', to help explain the situation.
Thing is, I don't seem to be going to much less doors with at least some piece of mail, and with extra packets, door chaps and scanning, it certainly isn't taking me any less time to do my duty.
Anyway, here's Polly, one of Rico's 200 'Ambassadors', to help explain the situation.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
1617mel
- Posts: 172
- Joined: 11 Oct 2017, 15:13
- Gender: Male
The Mail is down
City office sorry for the story but we are rammed most days apart from Tuesdays , not to many early finishers apart from the runners, ok I guess mail is down but not in the large city offices , plenty work load for us all .
-
norris9
- Posts: 2696
- Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
- Gender: Female
The Mail is down
More houses/apartments being built here than being knocked down, so this also helps the amount of work there will be. 1,500 houses due to be built on one development.