1. How long do you need to have worked for Royal Mail to get sick pay? Is it a year?
2. I believe if you are sick for 5 days you need to get a doctor's note. How does this work, do you have to get a doctor's note to your manager by the end of the 5th day? what if you are bed ridden with flu? are you still expected to roll out of bed to go to the doctor and get that sick note?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Sick Pay
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Sick Pay
1 year yes an you self cert for 1st 7days.norris9 wrote:1. How long do you need to have worked for Royal Mail to get sick pay? Is it a year?
2. I believe if you are sick for 5 days you need to get a doctor's note. How does this work, do you have to get a doctor's note to your manager by the end of the 5th day? what if you are bed ridden with flu? are you still expected to roll out of bed to go to the doctor and get that sick note?
-
picture123
- Posts: 121
- Joined: 22 Oct 2014, 20:42
- Gender: Male
Sick Pay
Yes if you haven't provided sick note by 8th day then they could stop Royal Mail sick pay. If you're bed ridden for a week you really should have seen a doctornorris9 wrote:1. How long do you need to have worked for Royal Mail to get sick pay? Is it a year?
2. I believe if you are sick for 5 days you need to get a doctor's note. How does this work, do you have to get a doctor's note to your manager by the end of the 5th day? what if you are bed ridden with flu? are you still expected to roll out of bed to go to the doctor and get that sick note?
-
norris9
- Posts: 2696
- Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
- Gender: Female
Sick Pay
picture123 wrote:Yes if you haven't provided sick note by 8th day then they could stop Royal Mail sick pay. If you're bed ridden for a week you really should have seen a doctornorris9 wrote:1. How long do you need to have worked for Royal Mail to get sick pay? Is it a year?
2. I believe if you are sick for 5 days you need to get a doctor's note. How does this work, do you have to get a doctor's note to your manager by the end of the 5th day? what if you are bed ridden with flu? are you still expected to roll out of bed to go to the doctor and get that sick note?
I remember having flu once, I was bed bound, felt like I was dying, knew it was flu, last thing I needed was to go out in the winter weather to the doctors risking giving it to more people.
Can you get a doctor to come to you?
-
norris9
- Posts: 2696
- Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
- Gender: Female
Sick Pay
It would be nice if Royal Mail said that due to coronavirus we could sign for customers if the customer agreed. I probably get at least 10 customers handling the PDA everyday. Would be nice to eliminate that to zero. Not keen on getting coronavirus and I'm sure they are keen for us not to be off sick.
Seems it is spreading relatively fast now. Coming through Europe.
Seems it is spreading relatively fast now. Coming through Europe.
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Sick Pay
norris9 wrote:It would be nice if Royal Mail said that due to coronavirus we could sign for customers if the customer agreed. I probably get at least 10 customers handling the PDA everyday. Would be nice to eliminate that to zero. Not keen on getting coronavirus and I'm sure they are keen for us not to be off sick.
Seems it is spreading relatively fast now. Coming through Europe.
Agreed.
I recently had a lovely dose of norovirus which I'm convinced I picked up via the PDA as I wasn't aware of anyone else I knew in or out of work that had been suffering with it that I could have caught it from.
-
norris9
- Posts: 2696
- Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
- Gender: Female
Sick Pay
wacko74 wrote:norris9 wrote:It would be nice if Royal Mail said that due to coronavirus we could sign for customers if the customer agreed. I probably get at least 10 customers handling the PDA everyday. Would be nice to eliminate that to zero. Not keen on getting coronavirus and I'm sure they are keen for us not to be off sick.
Seems it is spreading relatively fast now. Coming through Europe.
Agreed.
I recently had a lovely dose of norovirus which I'm convinced I picked up via the PDA as I wasn't aware of anyone else I knew in or out of work that had been suffering with it that I could have caught it from.
It would be logical to put this in place now.
Amazon have said they are not allowing non essential travel for their employees and are having interviews and meetings via video cam.
-
rogersh
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 1374
- Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
- Gender: Male
Sick Pay
One year ago I insisted on a home visit from a doctor as I was unable to travel to the health centre because of my illness (not flu related). I was diagnosed & attended the hospital the same day.norris9 wrote:picture123 wrote:norris9 wrote:1. How long do you need to have worked for Royal Mail to get sick pay? Is it a year?
Can you get a doctor to come to you?
I do not think home visits are commonplace though.