ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Pain in second toe when walking??

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Irishmisst
Posts: 10
Joined: 09 Oct 2017, 18:44
Gender: Female

Pain in second toe when walking??

Post by Irishmisst »

Hi guys just some advise, been a postie for three years now and last week I got a crippling pain when I was walking In my second toe on my right foot. I hobbled stretched but it eventually settled. Today again same thing, it starts almost like a numbing then full blown can it stand on it? Any advise as to what it is? I've recently started running again if that helps...
hothothot
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 422
Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
Gender: Male

Pain in second toe when walking??

Post by hothothot »

How about a visit to your GP.
twoloops
Posts: 2036
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Pain in second toe when walking??

Post by twoloops »

I would say a visit to the quacks or walking in centre is due.
olilew
Posts: 594
Joined: 19 May 2010, 22:04
Gender: Male

Pain in second toe when walking??

Post by olilew »

I have it, Google 'Freiberg Disease'. Could be that. And I'll bet your GP has never heard of it!
"Just take it out and see how you go......."
Irishmisst
Posts: 10
Joined: 09 Oct 2017, 18:44
Gender: Female

Pain in second toe when walking??

Post by Irishmisst »

Olliew, thanks for replying I will look into that,it's almost like a burning sensation like when you pull a muscle, an it is coming and going....
To the other replies of course I will be going to the doctor... I'm just looking for some advise inbetween.
I'm going to buy some new shoes that will cushion them better as my asic I have for running are great an support it really well but they aren't waterproof...
the cheshire elf
Posts: 21
Joined: 01 Dec 2016, 19:05
Gender: Male

Pain in second toe when walking??

Post by the cheshire elf »

Sounds like gaunt I had it go to Dr for pill takes about a week to settle down
Mailman300
Posts: 48
Joined: 09 Apr 2017, 09:10
Gender: Male

Pain in second toe when walking??

Post by Mailman300 »

Irishmisst wrote:Hi guys just some advise, been a postie for three years now and last week I got a crippling pain when I was walking In my second toe on my right foot. I hobbled stretched but it eventually settled. Today again same thing, it starts almost like a numbing then full blown can it stand on it? Any advise as to what it is? I've recently started running again if that helps...
Morton’s neuroma
Mr Incognito
Posts: 64
Joined: 02 Jul 2013, 21:02
Gender: Male

Pain in second toe when walking??

Post by Mr Incognito »

Mailman300 wrote:
Irishmisst wrote:Hi guys just some advise, been a postie for three years now and last week I got a crippling pain when I was walking In my second toe on my right foot. I hobbled stretched but it eventually settled. Today again same thing, it starts almost like a numbing then full blown can it stand on it? Any advise as to what it is? I've recently started running again if that helps...
Morton’s neuroma
I suffer from Morton's neuroma (compressed nerve) in my right foot when I am breaking in new shoes. It starts off as a slight numbness between the second and third metatarsal. Eventually it morphs into an extremely uncomfortable burning sensation which disappears when I stop walking.
Irishmisst
Posts: 10
Joined: 09 Oct 2017, 18:44
Gender: Female

Pain in second toe when walking??

Post by Irishmisst »

No it's not that, it's only on the second toe and it's a pain coming from the muscle on the ball of the foot connected to the second toe, I'm starting to wonder if it's a stress fracture
koolishy67
Posts: 665
Joined: 04 Nov 2010, 21:02
Gender: Male

Pain in second toe when walking??

Post by koolishy67 »

I changed the shoes work for me
PostmanBitesDog
Posts: 1428
Joined: 17 Feb 2019, 15:46
Gender: Male

Pain in second toe when walking??

Post by PostmanBitesDog »

the cheshire elf wrote:Sounds like gaunt
The cheshire elf, you might be referring to gout. Even though it can affect the feet and especially the larger toes, it's generally caused by a buildup of uric acid.

Anyway, Irishmisst, go and see your doctor, no matter what. It's always best to get a professional medical opinion.
Mick100
Posts: 275
Joined: 04 Feb 2016, 10:00
Gender: Male

Pain in second toe when walking??

Post by Mick100 »

Sounds like gout are you drinking to much alcohol and not enough water
Irishmisst
Posts: 10
Joined: 09 Oct 2017, 18:44
Gender: Female

Pain in second toe when walking??

Post by Irishmisst »

Thanks for all your responses I know it isn't gout the symptoms are on my second toe not my big one, an I don't drink alchoal so that rules that out
GT85
Posts: 365
Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
Gender: Male
Location: ASDO

Pain in second toe when walking??

Post by GT85 »

Sounds like Morton’s neuroma to me, go see a GP or Podiatrist.
We're all here because we're not all there
anthonyok
Posts: 81
Joined: 13 Oct 2007, 17:53

Pain in second toe when walking??

Post by anthonyok »

I had that , then on seing the live xray (toe disjointed) i said to the xray chap , im right i have dislocated it, anyhow when i went to the doc he started printing out a information sheet on psoratic arthiritus. And thats what it was , i have two further toes gone now . i am soldeirng on though because believe it or not exercise as a postman (getting paid to walk ) is beneficial. Hope youve not got this , do you sufer from skin rashes? thats the first sign of this .