ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Walk being Removed and lodging a Greivance

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Pycho666
Posts: 7
Joined: 25 Feb 2020, 15:57
Gender: Male

Walk being Removed and lodging a Greivance

Post by Pycho666 »

Afternoon all.

I feel I need a little support as I am feeling pretty depressed at the moment.

I'll try keep it short. Found out that my Duty is being removed and being shared out amongst 3 others, no idea why mine is singled out for removel.

A couple of other duties - rurals are going in the office in order to save x amount.

It was a singleton duty and the attendance pattern for the duty I signed for is different to all others hence the reason I signed for it 2 years ago.

I am second on the seniority list ( doesn't matter I know)

I asked the Rep where I stand and he said I'll become a reserve basically. He has lodged a disagreement but will probably happen by executive action

I mentioned a repick surely and he just laughed :sad:

Anyone know what is likely to now happen?

I know for a fact there are duties within the office that have people on them who actually haven't 'signed' for them but are full time duties where's I am p/t

How do I lodge a Greivance? Should know this but never had the need to look it up :sad:

Thanks for taking the time to read and respond If anyone does.
world class male
Posts: 903
Joined: 03 Jul 2013, 15:29
Gender: Male

Walk being Removed and lodging a Greivance

Post by world class male »

Pycho666 wrote:Afternoon all.

I feel I need a little support as I am feeling pretty depressed at the moment.

I'll try keep it short. Found out that my Duty is being removed and being shared out amongst 3 others, no idea why mine is singled out for removal.

A couple of other duties - rurals are going in the office in order to save x amount.

It was a singleton duty and the attendance pattern for the duty I signed for is different to all others hence the reason I signed for it 2 years ago.

I am second on the seniority list ( doesn't matter I know)

I asked the Rep where I stand and he said I'll become a reserve basically. He has lodged a disagreement but will probably happen by executive action

I mentioned a repick surely and he just laughed :sad:

Anyone know what is likely to now happen?

I know for a fact there are duties within the office that have people on them who actually haven't 'signed' for them but are full time duties where's I am p/t

How do I lodge a Grievance? Should know this but never had the need to look it up :sad:

Thanks for taking the time to read and respond If anyone does.
it's about time the cwu started treating PT staff correctly in representing them, after all they will be the majority sub payer soon enough,
i don't think there's 1 in our d/o who takes a break other than a butty driving between loops in a toilet called a van
i feel for you in the situation but unless you have the gonads to dig in if/after you lose your duty and make it hard for them, then RM will do what they like
i am FT btw but never forgot the crap when a PT reserve
cpsteve
Posts: 699
Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
Gender: Male

Walk being Removed and lodging a Greivance

Post by cpsteve »

If the walk has been removed for good there should be a resign. We have been told no resign unless office cuts like you have had.
Pycho666
Posts: 7
Joined: 25 Feb 2020, 15:57
Gender: Male

Walk being Removed and lodging a Greivance

Post by Pycho666 »

cpsteve wrote:If the walk has been removed for good there should be a resign. We have been told no resign unless office cuts like you have had.
This is what I thought, thought it was a given but the Rep really wasn't interested :sad:
Janet Brum
Posts: 886
Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
Gender: Female

Walk being Removed and lodging a Greivance

Post by Janet Brum »

Contact the area rep then, your rep is usseles :arrrghhh
Zicomurphy
Posts: 579
Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 06:40
Gender: Male

Walk being Removed and lodging a Greivance

Post by Zicomurphy »

I believe a certain percentage of duties have to be affected by change in order to trigger a full repick.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Walk being Removed and lodging a Greivance

Post by Celgar »

If your office is losing three walks that should automatically trigger a full resign. Union reps are usually full on when it comes to implementing these kind of rules previously agreed between RM and the union. No one likes or enjoys resigns but it usually wouldn't be considered 'proper' for someone high in seniority to be automatically dropped from having their own walk to becoming a reserve. If your rep doesn't support this then they need to be replaced.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

Walk being Removed and lodging a Greivance

Post by General Mannerheim »

Zicomurphy wrote:I believe a certain percentage of duties have to be affected by change in order to trigger a full repick.
correct it is, but you can't tell most posties this as they think you've just made it up, or up the managers ass. :roll:
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Walk being Removed and lodging a Greivance

Post by SpacePhoenix »

...and if someone's duty has changed by less than a certain amount (think it's 33%) then they can take their duty out of the pot
beanmuncha
Posts: 305
Joined: 21 Aug 2007, 23:11

Walk being Removed and lodging a Greivance

Post by beanmuncha »

A third of the duties have to have had a big change to them, either in start times or delivery points added or taken away, or in this case being removed.
To have a resign is not as easy as some think, my office keeps calling out for one but nothing has triggered one.
it is hard to explain sometimes, but i heard a rumour RM want annual revisions with a resign????
Just remember under the present agreements if you don't want to you don't have to put your duty in if no change has occurred to it.
Pycho666
Posts: 7
Joined: 25 Feb 2020, 15:57
Gender: Male

Walk being Removed and lodging a Greivance

Post by Pycho666 »

Janet Brum wrote:Contact the area rep then, your rep is usseles :arrrghhh
I will do when the time comes, may get no where as some on here point out but there is no way I am just letting this go quietly, it has already affected my mental health stupid as it sounds :sad:

Thanks for the replies.
hero22
Posts: 593
Joined: 21 Mar 2016, 19:48
Gender: Male

Walk being Removed and lodging a Greivance

Post by hero22 »

Pycho666 wrote:
Janet Brum wrote:Contact the area rep then, your rep is usseles :arrrghhh
I will do when the time comes, may get no where as some on here point out but there is no way I am just letting this go quietly, it has already affected my mental health stupid as it sounds :sad:

Thanks for the replies.
Definitely not stupid mate. I don't usually worry too much about stuff but all this has started to affect me too as im sure many will feel it.
Acca Dacca
Posts: 3221
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
Gender: Male

Walk being Removed and lodging a Greivance

Post by Acca Dacca »

Your best bet is arguing for the duties that are currently being covered by reserves and unsigned for being advertised to be signed for rather than a full resign
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
sixfoottwo
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 569
Joined: 11 May 2017, 15:15
Gender: Male

Walk being Removed and lodging a Greivance

Post by sixfoottwo »

I'd definitely take it further, If no joy from Rep go contact the area Rep as its well out of order tbh.
Ralph Wiggum
Posts: 76
Joined: 25 Nov 2008, 15:01
Gender: Male

Walk being Removed and lodging a Greivance

Post by Ralph Wiggum »

A resign of duties would only apply if a certain percentage of duties within the office have changed. Now im not 100% sure but 1/3rd springs to mind, im sure someone will confirm this.

If it is below this then im afraid you lose your duty and indeed will be a reserve until other duties come up for pick.