ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
sickness and transfer
-
jack17
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 13 Feb 2020, 19:49
- Gender: Male
sickness and transfer
Hello,unfortunetly I had an accident at work. Now I have 3 weeks of sickness certificat. I`m thinking about to change my office ,Today one of my mate from my office told me that it will be better that I do not go sick. It will be better that I go to work and I will work on callers office ,because I`m not able to do delivery -I have big pain on my shoulder ,neck knee and back .He told me that when I want to change office my potential new manager will know that I was on sickness certificat and he won`t want me in his office .it is true?
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
sickness and transfer
yes its pretty much true, and he`ll know if you cant do deliveries too, and probably wont want you then either.
-
jack17
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 13 Feb 2020, 19:49
- Gender: Male
sickness and transfer
ok but can my manager give any information about my sickness ,abbstences from work? Is it legal ? That was missunderstanding. I`m only thinking about transfer.Postie45 wrote:yes its pretty much true, and he`ll know if you cant do deliveries too, and probably wont want you then either.
-
Janet Brum
- Posts: 886
- Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
- Gender: Female
sickness and transfer
Forget the transfer for now, stay home on sick pay and get better and take your union rep or a colleague with you as a whitness when your manager will have the welcome back meeting with you.
Make sure he agrees that if you go on sick again as part of this work accident, you won`t get a second sick stage.
And I hope your accident at work was input in Erica accident book, if not, talk to your union rep asap and make sure it`s recorded there.
Stay on rehab (callers office, then light duties like parcel delivery, half of a walk etc) until you are 100 % healthy, don`t ruin your health for the hope of having a transfer.
And I suggest you read as much as you can off this forum, there is a fountain of information about anything related to our jobs.
Make sure he agrees that if you go on sick again as part of this work accident, you won`t get a second sick stage.
And I hope your accident at work was input in Erica accident book, if not, talk to your union rep asap and make sure it`s recorded there.
Stay on rehab (callers office, then light duties like parcel delivery, half of a walk etc) until you are 100 % healthy, don`t ruin your health for the hope of having a transfer.
And I suggest you read as much as you can off this forum, there is a fountain of information about anything related to our jobs.