ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

USING OWN FOOTWEAR

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
dodgyinlaws
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 69
Joined: 28 Jan 2011, 21:19
Gender: Male

USING OWN FOOTWEAR

Post by dodgyinlaws »

How often in a twelve month period can you claim reimbursement for using your own footwear
Hitcher
Posts: 1532
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

USING OWN FOOTWEAR

Post by Hitcher »

dodgyinlaws wrote:How often in a twelve month period can you claim reimbursement for using your own footwear
I used to claim 3 or 4 times a year but they stopped my claims about a year ago because my shoes aren't up to an ISO standard.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

USING OWN FOOTWEAR

Post by aiden01 »

dodgyinlaws wrote:How often in a twelve month period can you claim reimbursement for using your own footwear
Usually 2 to 3 times
streets97
Posts: 92
Joined: 13 Oct 2010, 21:43
Gender: Male

USING OWN FOOTWEAR

Post by streets97 »

Twice, but why when they are supplied free.

Always baffles me this, once they are broken in they are ok.
Hitcher
Posts: 1532
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

USING OWN FOOTWEAR

Post by Hitcher »

streets97 wrote:Twice, but why when they are supplied free.

Always baffles me this, once they are broken in they are ok.
Not if you have Plantar Fasciitis.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

USING OWN FOOTWEAR

Post by aiden01 »

streets97 wrote:Twice, but why when they are supplied free.

Always baffles me this, once they are broken in they are ok.
Seriously??
261184
Posts: 17
Joined: 16 Nov 2017, 19:05
Gender: Male

USING OWN FOOTWEAR

Post by 261184 »

I recently asked for money for a new pair of shoes 12 months after buying my current pair.They asked me for a Dr’s note which I got(due to Plantar Fasciitis & Bunions) I previously just bought my own but because they insisted on a note I thought they can pay now.Anyhow I was told I’d have to exhaust all RM trainers before they would pay me!! Back to square one...I’m not walking round for 9/10 miles a day crushing my toes exhausting all of their trainers,so back to buying my own again,but woe betide they have a go at me about not wearing RM shoes
streets97
Posts: 92
Joined: 13 Oct 2010, 21:43
Gender: Male

USING OWN FOOTWEAR

Post by streets97 »

aiden01 wrote:
streets97 wrote:Twice, but why when they are supplied free.

Always baffles me this, once they are broken in they are ok.
Seriously??
Deadly serious been with RM for 25 years and I've never had a problem with any of their footwear. Although I thought the Dr Martens were the best.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

USING OWN FOOTWEAR

Post by aiden01 »

streets97 wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
streets97 wrote:Twice, but why when they are supplied free.

Always baffles me this, once they are broken in they are ok.
Seriously??
Deadly serious been with RM for 25 years and I've never had a problem with any of their footwear. Although I thought the Dr Martens were the best.
Well i can only quote my own doctor and 2 different podiatrists who all agree rm footwear is garbage.. an i can only agree with them hence why rm pay me up to £34 for buying my own comfortable footwear.
Janet Brum
Posts: 886
Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
Gender: Female

USING OWN FOOTWEAR

Post by Janet Brum »

streets97 wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
streets97 wrote:Twice, but why when they are supplied free.

Always baffles me this, once they are broken in they are ok.
Seriously??
Deadly serious been with RM for 25 years and I've never had a problem with any of their footwear. Although I thought the Dr Martens were the best.
Consider yourself very lucky, most of us are always in pain from RM crap shoes or buying our own, like I do.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

USING OWN FOOTWEAR

Post by aiden01 »

Janet Brum wrote:
streets97 wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
streets97 wrote:Twice, but why when they are supplied free.

Always baffles me this, once they are broken in they are ok.
Seriously??
Deadly serious been with RM for 25 years and I've never had a problem with any of their footwear. Although I thought the Dr Martens were the best.
Consider yourself very lucky, most of us are always in pain from RM crap shoes or buying our own, like I do.
Hope you you claim from rm janet brum every little helps.
Janet Brum
Posts: 886
Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
Gender: Female

USING OWN FOOTWEAR

Post by Janet Brum »

Of course I do, twice a year, backed by my Gp`s note :)
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

USING OWN FOOTWEAR

Post by aiden01 »

Janet Brum wrote:Of course I do, twice a year, backed by my Gp`s note :)
:thumbup :thumbup :thumbup