ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Question about seniority

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Jacko29
Posts: 219
Joined: 12 Apr 2018, 19:13
Gender: Female

Question about seniority

Post by Jacko29 »

Hi, if no one goes for a vacant walk (30 hours) and there’s couple of PT on a 25 hr contract last in, who would get duty? One of the last in 25hr PT ers or the last 30hr PT er?
Trail
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 162
Joined: 01 Dec 2016, 19:54
Gender: Male

Question about seniority

Post by Trail »

Jacko29 wrote:Hi, if no one goes for a vacant walk (30 hours) and there’s couple of PT on a 25 hr contract last in, who would get duty? One of the last in 25hr PT ers or the last 30hr PT er?
Have a crack. Tell the DOM you'll do it at 25 hours a week, and put the other 5 on O/T.
Jacko29
Posts: 219
Joined: 12 Apr 2018, 19:13
Gender: Female

Question about seniority

Post by Jacko29 »

Trail wrote:
Jacko29 wrote:Hi, if no one goes for a vacant walk (30 hours) and there’s couple of PT on a 25 hr contract last in, who would get duty? One of the last in 25hr PT ers or the last 30hr PT er?
Have a crack. Tell the DOM you'll do it at 25 hours a week, and put the other 5 on O/T.
I’m the 30 hr that don’t want it lol
Trail
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 162
Joined: 01 Dec 2016, 19:54
Gender: Male

Question about seniority

Post by Trail »

Jacko29 wrote:
Trail wrote:
Jacko29 wrote:Hi, if no one goes for a vacant walk (30 hours) and there’s couple of PT on a 25 hr contract last in, who would get duty? One of the last in 25hr PT ers or the last 30hr PT er?
Have a crack. Tell the DOM you'll do it at 25 hours a week, and put the other 5 on O/T.
I’m the 30 hr that don’t want it lol
Lazy bastard. It's an hour a day. Come in an hour early, get out early, finish on time.
Jacko29
Posts: 219
Joined: 12 Apr 2018, 19:13
Gender: Female

Question about seniority

Post by Jacko29 »

Trail wrote:
Jacko29 wrote:
Trail wrote:
Jacko29 wrote:Hi, if no one goes for a vacant walk (30 hours) and there’s couple of PT on a 25 hr contract last in, who would get duty? One of the last in 25hr PT ers or the last 30hr PT er?
Have a crack. Tell the DOM you'll do it at 25 hours a week, and put the other 5 on O/T.
I’m the 30 hr that don’t want it lol
Lazy bastard. It's an hour a day. Come in an hour early, get out early, finish on time.
Haha I don’t think I’m
Making myself clear! I already am on a 30 hour contract but I do not want the vacant duty. Hence why I am asking about the 25 hr less seniority part timers
Trail
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 162
Joined: 01 Dec 2016, 19:54
Gender: Male

Question about seniority

Post by Trail »

Jacko29 wrote:
Trail wrote:
Jacko29 wrote:
Trail wrote:
Jacko29 wrote:Hi, if no one goes for a vacant walk (30 hours) and there’s couple of PT on a 25 hr contract last in, who would get duty? One of the last in 25hr PT ers or the last 30hr PT er?
Have a crack. Tell the DOM you'll do it at 25 hours a week, and put the other 5 on O/T.
I’m the 30 hr that don’t want it lol
Lazy bastard. It's an hour a day. Come in an hour early, get out early, finish on time.
Haha I don’t think I’m
Making myself clear! I already am on a 30 hour contract but I do not want the vacant duty. Hence why I am asking about the 25 hr less seniority part timers
Gotcha now. You're not a lazy...