ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Letter Swansea DO

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Dazdec197296
Posts: 16
Joined: 04 Aug 2019, 19:21
Gender: Male

Letter Swansea DO

Post by Dazdec197296 »

Has anyone else received one of these letters today?

POSTMAN EDIT : Click on each image to read the letter properly and the right way up.


image1.jpeg
image0.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32801
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Letter

Post by POSTMAN »

Hard to see the letter, sent you a PM, can you send the letter to my email so I can edit it and put it back up.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Letter Swansea DO

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

seems like a standard pre-revision preference exercise. Was there anything particular worrying you.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Dazdec197296
Posts: 16
Joined: 04 Aug 2019, 19:21
Gender: Male

Letter Swansea DO

Post by Dazdec197296 »

Only been with Royal Mail 15 months. Just wondering if my job is in danger sooner than I thought it would be.
Deadly
Posts: 703
Joined: 12 Jul 2014, 21:38
Gender: Male

Letter Swansea DO

Post by Deadly »

Dazdec197296 wrote:Only been with Royal Mail 15 months. Just wondering if my job is in danger sooner than I thought it would be.
I doubt it. I suspect you’d be trampled in the rush from the old timers to sign up for redundancy.
Tinoblade
Posts: 252
Joined: 13 Jan 2018, 19:51
Gender: Male

Letter Swansea DO

Post by Tinoblade »

Is it mandatory to complete?
ssdd
Posts: 2053
Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
Gender: Male

Letter Swansea DO

Post by ssdd »

I would just tick NO to them all if I didn't want any change, to keep the DOM happy.
ssdd
Posts: 2053
Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
Gender: Male

Letter Swansea DO

Post by ssdd »

Actually, if everyone ticked NO to all boxes it probably wouldn't keep the DOM happy. :chuckle
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Letter Swansea DO

Post by wacko74 »

Even if someone is desperate for VR surely it doesn't make sense to tick 'yes' at this entirely non-committal stage... it just gives RM an idea of how many people are willing to consider taking VR and if there are lots of potential takers then RM know they can get away with offering the lowest VR deals they can get away with.

In fact it doesn't make sense or offer any benefit to us the workers to partake in this exercise at all, and all forms should just be returned blank.
masterblaster
Posts: 285
Joined: 10 Sep 2010, 20:12
Gender: Male

Letter Swansea DO

Post by masterblaster »

I like the way it is 'non binding' but you should 'read it very carefully'.
A pity there isn't an option to move to an office in Corfu.