ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Notification of duties after leave

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
lucky escape
Posts: 13
Joined: 21 Oct 2014, 21:48
Gender: Female

Notification of duties after leave

Post by lucky escape »

Hi I'm wondering is there a proper/set procedure for letting an opg know their following weeks duties after a period of leave?
I've worked in several delivery offices, in the first 2 the line manager would fill in and post a slip to you. The office I'm in now you ring the office or call in to find out. I know every office is run differently, was just wondering if there was an official way for doing this, cheers.
Hitcher
Posts: 1532
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Notification of duties after leave

Post by Hitcher »

In our office you find out Monday morning and then it can change on a daily basis!
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Notification of duties after leave

Post by NewPostieUK »

I would stand around by the signing in sheet scratching my head.

If that failed, I'd go to the managers office and hand around until someone turned up who had a clue, and I'd ask them what I'm on today.

Now I'm a duty holder, I'm usually asked nicely, in advance, or texted, if I can do a certain duty.
lucky escape
Posts: 13
Joined: 21 Oct 2014, 21:48
Gender: Female

Notification of duties after leave

Post by lucky escape »

I am a duty holder, have been for 3 years but that doesn't seem to make a lot of difference :roll:
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Notification of duties after leave

Post by Celgar »

If an office is being run well you should have at least a month worth of duty rosters on the notice board to view by everyone in the office. We have posties on long term sick and one on light duties but this is still possible. No excuse for this not happening in my view.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.