ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Plantar fasciitis

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
comeracing
Posts: 806
Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
Gender: Male

Plantar fasciitis

Post by comeracing »

Been in agony some days with this doctor has told me an injection in the heel could be best option,anyone had this done would you be ok for work next day or would you get signed off for a period of rest ,any info much appreciated.
richietns
Posts: 1101
Joined: 17 Oct 2011, 18:09
Gender: Male

Plantar fasciitis

Post by richietns »

comeracing wrote:Been in agony some days with this doctor has told me an injection in the heel could be best option,anyone had this done would you be ok for work next day or would you get signed off for a period of rest ,any info much appreciated.
Hello had this my self excruciating pain.Was told by the doctor Plantar fasciitis you do need time off so the muscle mends because thats what you've damaged.It fixed its self in about a week I got a sick note I think for two.
rosmor
Posts: 20
Joined: 19 Nov 2009, 15:31
Gender: Male

Plantar fasciitis

Post by rosmor »

I feel your pain... literally!! Had the injection twice so far, about 2 years apart, trust me you won’t be at work the next day, it is mega painful, 2-3 days off after is what I’d say, good luck!!
ham2505
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 11
Joined: 30 Apr 2011, 18:08
Gender: Male

Plantar fasciitis

Post by ham2505 »

hello . yes its awful.....had it for 6 years never really gets better , but you can manage it, …..I went to the doctor who referred me to a nhs podiatrist ….the put my feet in a sponge mould and 4/6 weeks later a FREE pair of insoles that are custom to you and your condition ….I return every ten months to repeat my prescription .Lived with it now for years ….the joy of being a postman ….the injection would numb it for a period , quarterzone ? , you can have a maximum of 3 of those ..lads in work have had that then back to the insoles as it wheres off....Get a referral from your Doctor
broughts
Posts: 334
Joined: 24 Nov 2011, 19:09
Gender: Male

Plantar fasciitis

Post by broughts »

Do stretches in the morning stretching your tendon and calf muscle also at night sit on edge of bed and roll frozen bottle of water underneath from heel to toe mines gone doing this for a while only do stretches now in the morning
Sugar
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 431
Joined: 08 Jul 2007, 07:57
Gender: Female

Plantar fasciitis

Post by Sugar »

Had it for 5 years and then cured it. Biggest breakthrough was when I started to stretch my hips which helps you walk better and puts less impact onto the foot.

This guy is the B's Knees IMHO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsYLsjXVLR8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulgAOykAgV4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
masterblaster
Posts: 285
Joined: 10 Sep 2010, 20:12
Gender: Male

Plantar fasciitis

Post by masterblaster »

comeracing wrote:Been in agony some days with this doctor has told me an injection in the heel could be best option,anyone had this done would you be ok for work next day or would you get signed off for a period of rest ,any info much appreciated.
You don't need any injections. Just do a few regular 'flicking' exercises with affected leg, mimicking kicking a ball with your heel, and hey presto! And don't where thin heeled boots and be careful not to compress your heel by jumping over walls etc.
Paulo1963
Posts: 37
Joined: 21 Mar 2011, 16:44
Gender: Male

Plantar fasciitis

Post by Paulo1963 »

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Massage-Forear ... 287&sr=8-5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Really helped me.
mickeymacca
Posts: 503
Joined: 21 Jun 2012, 18:03
Gender: Male

Plantar fasciitis

Post by mickeymacca »

comeracing wrote:Been in agony some days with this doctor has told me an injection in the heel could be best option,anyone had this done would you be ok for work next day or would you get signed off for a period of rest ,any info much appreciated.
I had cortisone injection abut 6 years ago, resolved the situation overnight. It is really painful but I was back at work the next day, I was late 30s at the time. I have had no issues since, although other posters are correct in saying the procedure generally needs to be repeated when the damage returns. I'd recommend it from my experience, but like others have had said stretch those hips and get some decent shoes.

regards
'Libraries gave us power'
bergos
Posts: 34
Joined: 17 Aug 2015, 18:44
Gender: Male

Plantar fasciitis

Post by bergos »

Had this last year, didnt have an injection just got told to stay off work till it relaxed itself, took about 2 weeks of hobbiling around.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Plantar fasciitis

Post by aiden01 »

bergos wrote:Had this last year, didnt have an injection just got told to stay off work till it relaxed itself, took about 2 weeks of hobbiling around.
Lucky you now in my 5th yr with it.
bergos
Posts: 34
Joined: 17 Aug 2015, 18:44
Gender: Male

Plantar fasciitis

Post by bergos »

aiden01 wrote:
bergos wrote:Had this last year, didnt have an injection just got told to stay off work till it relaxed itself, took about 2 weeks of hobbiling around.
Lucky you now in my 5th yr with it.
Do you wear Royal Mails footware? I can't be sure but I had been wearing the boots found them to be horrible for day to day walking around, after the problem was sorted I started to wear my own shoes, gel insoles and havn't had the problem return yet.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Plantar fasciitis

Post by aiden01 »

bergos wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
bergos wrote:Had this last year, didnt have an injection just got told to stay off work till it relaxed itself, took about 2 weeks of hobbiling around.
Lucky you now in my 5th yr with it.
Do you wear Royal Mails footware? I can't be sure but I had been wearing the boots found them to be horrible for day to day walking around, after the problem was sorted I started to wear my own shoes, gel insoles and havn't had the problem return yet.
No and havnt done for years buy my own trainers then claim £34 off rm.