On a 27.5 hour contract is it 30 minutes you are meant to have for your break each day?
I know it shouldn't be taken at the end of your shift but other than that can it be taken whenever you want.....once you are ready to leave the depot to start deliveries or a couple of hours into them for example?
If you are taking your break whilst out on delivery is there anything you should do with the PDA to log that you are having your break so it doesn't flag up inactivity for so long?
Thanks
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
27.5 hour contract break allowance
-
smartecosse
- Posts: 131
- Joined: 29 Jan 2019, 18:01
- Gender: Male
-
ssdd
- Posts: 2053
- Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
- Gender: Male
27.5 hour contract break allowance
Yes, 30mins for you. Pretty much take it when you like, though better not to do it at end of shift as you say. Some people put 'meal relief' as a memo into PDA, I don't bother and I take my break outside. Never had any comeback. Same time every day (more or less).
-
smartecosse
- Posts: 131
- Joined: 29 Jan 2019, 18:01
- Gender: Male
27.5 hour contract break allowance
Great..... thanks
Meal breaks and starting when you are meant to don't happen at our DO.
Fed up working for free and my break time being taken up by lapsing so have decided tomorrow I'll arrive when I'm meant to and have a break that I'm entitled to as well.......
Just wanted to make sure what was correct as I'm sure there will be a drama as it's going to mean the lapsing plus at least one loop won't be done.
Meal breaks and starting when you are meant to don't happen at our DO.
Fed up working for free and my break time being taken up by lapsing so have decided tomorrow I'll arrive when I'm meant to and have a break that I'm entitled to as well.......
Just wanted to make sure what was correct as I'm sure there will be a drama as it's going to mean the lapsing plus at least one loop won't be done.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32801
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
27.5 hour contract break allowance
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 36&t=22175" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;POSTMAN wrote:
Attendance length............total breaks..... probable pattern
Less than 2 hours 30 minutes none (a 10 min grace break should be provided if work permits)
2 hours 30 to 3 hours................10 mins.................. 10
3 hours 1 to 3 hours 30..... .......15 mins....................15
3 hours 31 to 4 hours 59..... .......20 mins.................. 20
5 hours to 7 hours................... 30 mins...................30
7 hours 1 to 8 hours 59..... .......40 mins..............40 or 20 + 20
9 hours to 10 hours 59...............50 mins................30 + 20
11 hours to 12 hours 59..... .......60 mins............. 40 + 20 or 30 + 30
13 hours or longer..... ..............70 mins..................40 + 30
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
danterossetti
- Posts: 136
- Joined: 19 May 2013, 18:19
- Gender: Male
27.5 hour contract break allowance
Good for you Smart. The drama is all part of the act, be firm and stand your ground.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
27.5 hour contract break allowance
As you can see, it's not down to contract length it's down to how many hrs you work on a given day, as per the table above.